What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
How did you like it? I thouhgt it was pretty decent for TV. Left me wanting to watch more. The Picture quality on HD was great.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll keep tuning in, though the idea that aliens can assume human form (however they do it), and fit right in with human kind always makes me raise my eyebrow, but sometimes you just have to go with it, otherwise the premise is undermined with logistical problems.

Of course, I hated the little girl, Rose, looking for her cat in the midst of a hurricane, just convenient, lazy writing to get some of the characters to see the orangish lights in the sky and in the water.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I thought it was good, and is a good pair with LOST, and ill keep tuning in. I have a feeling what we think is happening isnt.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I watched it right after Lost, and it felt like a Lost knockoff somehow. The whole mystery, we don't know what's up, what's down there angle. You don't see more than you see. I didn't really see anything compelling. I'd classify it as something to watch, not something you need to see.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah it was ok but not as good as Lost. I'm not sure if the dad cop is a alien or just part of some government conspiracy to help the aliens(wait..wasn't that X-Files?)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think Lost will be the standard to which all future shows of this type will be measured. i for one love the pace of Lost (i wouldn't watch it week to week though) and the way the complex story unravels. Invasion seems a bit too conventional, too obvious (like the cop looking at the 3 "alien/people" talking near the end), but it's just the pilot. that brother-in-law guy... total Jack Black ripoff :)

maybe he's a good-guy alien that's helping us fight the eventual bad-guy aliens, only we don't know it yet :)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
It was interesting.

I watched it on CTV, it said its coming on 7/10 Central next week... are they changing times?

David Rosen

Agent
I felt that it was just OK as well. I was much more interested in Threshold, and I felt that Invasion just didn't raise enough questions for me to stay interested,while Threshold contained various interesting aspects that raised a lot of questions. Also, I didn't feel a level of threat to the characters that is needed to keep the intensity going, and as a result, a lot of the hour was lagging. To be honest, I was a little bored with it and I think that I may just read summaries and see other's comments until it picks up more. If it does, I may give it another shot.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I agree. Invasion didn't offer enough plot "hooks" in the pilot to capture my attention. Threshold, on the other hand, did.

Since it's the season of sci-fi/fantasy, my ranking of the new batch is:

1) Threshold
2) Supernatural
3) Surface
4) Invasion

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that "Invasion" is clearly the forth remake of 1956's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Still IMHO it is better than "Threshold" but I like the storyline of "Surface" better, also it's filmed in my state.
"Lost" is in no danger at all from any of these new shows.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed it enough that I'll keep watching next week, though I'm dubious of whether the show can sustain itself while limiting the scope to the family and the town.

Some of the casting seemed off -- the little girl looks more like her step-mother than her natural mother, and the blonde doctor seems way too young to have a son in his late teens.

And ABC really needs to show the standard-def version in 16:9; there were so many times last night when characters were cut in half by the sides of the screen.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I have it on the DVR, but stopped watching it "live" about 10 minutes in, as it couldn't hold my attention. I may watch the rest of it, but with my recording so many new shows in HD now, it may just get erased. Besides, the commercials for the show spoiled it anyway by showing that the mom was probably "pod-ized" before the end of the first show.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So doctor-mom stopped breathing but was revived with mouth-to-mouth? But that only works if you've stopped for just a few mintues. Any longer and you've got brain damage or death. That doesn't jibe with her face-down in the water (naked or not).

That sorta took me out of the story, like the digitized audio played back on crappy TV speakers having any effect on Threshold.

Oh: and reporter-wife is named Larkin. WTF? Who makes up these names?

On the minus side: no Carla Gigino. On the plus side: no Lake Bell. I would agree that none of the three new sci-fi shows are in the same league as Lost (or Battlestar Galactica).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't believe she was face down. When they showed her just before being rescued, her face was turned sideways away from the shore (toward the camera), but above water.

I guess I'm just not into "alien" themed shows. I tried to watch "Threshold" last Friday and couldn't get into it. I tried to watch "Invasion," but was bored by that as well. I was a big "X-Files" fan, but the alien and conspiracy episodes were always my least favorite.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it can hold most of the lead-in audience from "Lost" that "Eyes" couldn't, then it will stick for the whole season.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep Invasion in the prelim numbers had 16.4 million viewers and its rating is the best in the Wed 10 PM stime slot for ABC in a while. only thing close was that Trista Wedding stuff.

capt

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
First episode ratings are always deceptive -- Give it another two weeks.

The show did dip in the second half hour. It is on very late on the east coast, so we'll have to see how many people decide to stick with it next week and the week after.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks