Jump to content

Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Streaming TV?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DeathStar1



  • 3,291 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 28 2001

Posted September 07 2005 - 07:37 AM

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me how I can stream TV over the internet using windows XP so I can watch during downtime at work, or away from home? I've been told it's relativley simple to do, yet I can't find any decent documentation on it..


#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam Portrais

Adam Portrais

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 215 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 21 2002

Posted September 07 2005 - 10:52 AM

Get yourself a Media Center PC (you can upgrade but I don't know how good you are at computers) and that should do exactly what you want to do. And while your at it get a media center (XBOX 360 will have one built in) and you can watch all your shows right from your tv via a wired or wireless network.

Hope that helps.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   meakerseeker



  • 2 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 25 2010

Posted January 25 2010 - 03:54 AM


I'm living overseas & would like to watch tv
from around the world on my computer.

Are there any reliable software programs that
work & are not a scam that I can use to do this.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

    Studio Mogul

  • 21,769 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 12 1998

Posted January 25 2010 - 03:56 AM

Moved from TV and HDTV Programming.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

    Executive Producer

  • 14,917 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 20 1999
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 25 2010 - 09:25 PM

Just stream the shows from the networks websites (abc.com, nbc.com. etc) or hulu.com.  I'm sure other countries have the equivalent.