Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate questions.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Roman-K

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 08:40 PM

i have watched S1-S4, i know I need to watch S7 before watching Stargate: Atlantis - Rising, my question is:

Is Stargate: Atlantis - Rising a pilot and will it be on S1 of Stargate: Atlantis?

Thanks
Alive Web Directory | The Longest | Play Free Games Online

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 11:39 PM

It should be on s1 of Atlantis.
Kyle McKnight

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 11:57 PM

It's the pilot, and it will be on the box set.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 12:49 AM

Actually, you don't need to watch Stargate SG-1 Season 7 in order to understand Atlantis. Atlantis is set up all on its own and the formation of the Atlantis team takes place in the series pilot episode.

I have the first seven seasons on DVD and there's nothing there to incline you to watch S7 before watching Stargate Atlantis. I think fans of the original Stargate SG-1 as well as the studios keep clamoring that fans need to watch it in order to understand the setup for Stargate Atlnatis.

There are only passing references to Atlantis, the ancient city but that's only in the very last episode and it's a to-be-contined into Season 8.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 01:10 AM

You don't have to watch SG1 to understand Atlantis... but it helps. Really I think that there are only six SG1 episodes that really are vital to Atlantis, and they aren't THAT vital.

1.18 Solitudes
6.4 Frozen

Frozen is more important of those two, but they are almost a prologue to the events in Atlantis.

7.21 Lost City, Part 1
7.22 Lost City, Part 2

On the DVDs they show as one single episode, and it leads directly into ...

8.1 New Order, Part 1
8.2 New Order, Part 2

New Order features one of the Atlantis leading actors and takes place chronologically right before Rising.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 02:40 AM

Watch the first two episodes of Season 8 of SG-1 before watching Season 1 of Atlantis.

They set things up for ATLANTIS!

However, you might be perplexed in regards to certain things if you are going from Season 4 straight to season 8... If you haven't seen seasaons 5-7, then you ought to wait until you are all caught up before starting to watch Atlantis.

I got into the show when the 2nd or 3rd season started in syndication and this was before the DVD season sets. I was really mixed up as I had missed chunks of seasons and they were just starting to air the show on Scifi so it took me a while to get all caught up.

It's a great franchise. I hope it continues to flourish...

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Roman-K

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for the good info. I plan on watching S5-S8 before getting into Atlantis. I just saw the pilot on sale for $24.99 and was curious why buy it if it will be on the season set as well.

Thanks again.
Alive Web Directory | The Longest | Play Free Games Online

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
You don't have to watch SG1 to understand Atlantis... but it helps. Really I think that there are only six SG1 episodes that really are vital to Atlantis, and they aren't THAT vital.

1.18 Solitudes
6.4 Frozen

Frozen is more important of those two, but they are almost a prologue to the events in Atlantis.

7.21 Lost City, Part 1
7.22 Lost City, Part 2

On the DVDs they show as one single episode, and it leads directly into ...

8.1 New Order, Part 1
8.2 New Order, Part 2

New Order features one of the Atlantis leading actors and takes place chronologically right before Rising.

I would also include 6.22 - Full Circle in this list, since it leads into a lot of what happened in Lost City. I agree that you don't need a lot of Stargate history to get into Atlantis, but I'd recommend it. I wouldn't jump from Season 4 to Season 8 however... you'd be missing a TON of stuff, as well as some great shows. Posted Image

By the way, which episode was it where they established that the DHD that was with the gate in Antarctica was the oldest one they had discovered at that point? If memory serves, it was in 6.4 - Solitudes, but I'm not sure if that was it...

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 10:44 PM

In reply to Rob's spoiler...

That's 6.1/6.2 Revelations. Where the Antartic Gate is destroyed, there is a whole discussion of the Antartic gate and it's DHD.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 26 2005 - 05:38 AM

Wait until Stargate Atlantis Season 1 is released. The Stargate Atlantis DVD that was recently released is a special promotional release to get more fans into buying the DVD's.

The Season 1 DVD set that comes out in November will have that Pilot episode of Atlantis included in the boxed set.