What's new

Arrested Development season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I wanted to ask if "Arrested Development" is moving to a new night this season. I ask because while watching the rerun marathons, I'm seeing that a new show is playing after "The Simpsons" this season. I was wondering if anyone could give me an answer, and if so, is Fox losing a show from their current Sunday lineup or what?

What I'm really asking is whether or not "Arrested Development" will be staying on Sunday night or moving to a new night? Any responses would help. Thanks.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It is moving to Monday nights at 8pm eastern starting 9/19/05.

Do yourself a favor, and pick up season 1 on DVD and start saving for season 2 coming out in October.

J. Burton

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Thanks for the advice John, although I picked up the first season back at the beginning of the year.

I can't wait for season two's release though on
October 11th. It's one of those titles I will be buying the day it comes out, just like Nip/Tuck Season 2 on August 30th and Count Duckula Season 1 on October 4th.

My only qualm about the show moving to Monday nights is that the chances of it getting cancelled are much higher. I willing to say that if the ratings don't improve this season, the show is probably done for, and that's a scary thought.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
One good thing about AD moving to Monday nights is that the competition is weak for it. There was alot for it to compete with on sundays. But Monday isnt that great also because less people watch TV normally on Mondays. Hopefully it will generate some interest and then it will get moved to later in the week to a better time slot. I agree with you Nicholas, Im positive that if the show doesnt show improve this year it is definitely gone. That would suck, this show is too good to cancel.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That doesn't mean "Two and a Half Men" isn't a hit for CBS, and it's one of the very few comedies that has shown some lasting power in the past few years, and provides CBS with a Monday night anchor point that was vacated by Everyone Loves Raymond.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
The only other competition it might have is Monday Night Football, but seeing as I don't watch MNF, I'm good and I'm usually home on Monday nights.

Also if Fox does the World Series again this year, that may not help out A.D. in some way.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Sadly enough thats true, I cant bear to sit through an episode but obviously people are watching it.

The Monday Night Football will put a squeeze on AD for the first half of the season. But it's not starting untill 9:00 right? MNF usually gets over by then or close so that might help them in the ratings dept.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hate to be the naysayer but I don't think Arrested Development will ever attract a large audience. It's easily the funniest show on network TV, it's won Emmys, Fox has put alot of promotion behind it and yet no one watched it on Sunday. I don't see that changing, no matter what night they put it on. I'm just happy that we're going to get to see some new episodes.

And while it's very premature to say this, if the show doesn't get bigger ratings I could see Fox cancelling it early on in the season.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Fox is know for moving shows around faster than anybody else. If the Sunday Animation lineup fails and AD did better in that slot than mondays, it would not surprise me if they moved it back.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Finally a bit of info about season 3 leaks.

Taken from the Hollywood Reporter...
"Charlize Theron has signed on to guest star in five episodes of the series, playing a British woman who becomes the love interest of "Development" star Jason Bateman."

Full story here.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Very cool news. You know I saw a story about Theron doing a sitcom and I didnt even look to see what she was doing, haha. Very cool for AD, might draw some crowds.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that the season premiere of Arrested Development is tonight on Fox at 8 p.m. EDT. It won an Emmy last night in the Comedy writing category once again. It's one of the fastest-paced 30 minute shows, and it almost always delivers the laughs.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Didn't they do a lot better last year at the Emmy's? Not that it matters to me, but perhaps it would have attracted more people if they won best comedy series two years in a row. It's too bad that drab like 'Raymond' won instead, probably just as a nostalgic selection.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Quick question

Did anyone watch the end of "Family Guy"? I ask because last night during the credits, they showed an ad for the show, with Jason Batemen mentioning how they had won the Emmys, but no one was watching still. They brought up an excample: Carmen Electra. She has never won an emmy, so we're going to give her one, only if 15 million viewers watch the season premeire.

"We're serious."

If you missed this, you missed a huge laugh because I thought it was the funniest and the truest promo I had ever seen.

I'll be watching tonight at 8.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be watching for sure. I've seen some of the upcoming episodes and they are funny as ever. You all will not be disappointed.

Hopefully Carmen will get her Emmy after all.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
YES!!!! I can not wait for tonights episode. I ave been telling everyone to watch it at work and around town. Im pimping this show anywhere I go.
The one bad thing is that the Monday Night Football game will most likely go long tonight because they are showing 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks