What's new

SIN CITY to be released with 4 different cover options (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Are they chromium?:D

As if not getting a true SE is bad enough now they are going to milk this one with 4 covers. who wants to bet that the one with Alba on it sells the most?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So the one coming on the 16th is the barebones one with the deluxe coming near the holidays? I want the edition he talked about with being able to watch the stories seperately in combined form. I'm guessing that isn't the version coming first.

And yes, Alba on the cover for me, if there's a choice. :b

MatS

Screenwriter
I want the Mr. Brown cover.... oh wait wrong movie
(though he is credited on the cover)

well if they ship out and retail orders up as much as RD you can count on seeing these heavily discounted in the near future

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't mind this, i'll be going with the Alba cover. I mean what the hell, her NECA action figure sold out so fast I had to pay $30 for it on ebay :frowning:, so why should her dvd cover be any different? Just in case, though, i'll be preordering her cover. ;)

On the other hand, studios that do this sort of thing seem to be trying to take advantage of some people's overwhelming need to have the whole set of something, it's sort of exploitive in this respect.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Honestly, I'm not a comic book fan, or fan of big FX films, but I loved the movie. Easily the most inventive, stylish film of the year.

I'll be buying it (don't know which cover).

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Before I decide, I want to be clear on this...is the theatrical version going to be available on the Special Edition?

MattHR

Screenwriter

From what I've learned, you won't be able to specify which cover you want, if you order online. The four different slipcovers will have a "cut-out" area to reveal the barcode of the actual DVD case inside. (The inside DVD case will have the same artwork for all four slipcovers).
It's a headache for retailers and distributors to set up special SKU's for one title offering four variations for a (temporary) cover design. The RESERVOIR DOGS: SE was a major hassle for this very reason.

Buena Vista will be shipping the title with a mixed-stock of the various four slipcovers packed per case. Picking up the DVD at a store will probably be the only way get the cover you want, unless some online retailers decide to offer them individually.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Matt,
I won't be preordering on-line, I have a friend who works at my local Coconuts Movies and Music and she'll put whatever cover I want to the side for me when it comes out. :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Robert, I don't think anybody knows for sure yet. Around the time the movie was in theaters, Rodriguez did at least one interview where he said the theatrical version would be on "the DVD" in addition to each story separated out on its own, but that might have been before the double-dip was decided on. My guess is that the theatrical version will be on the SE, plus an additional option for watching each story on its own, maybe with some extra footage added in for those. But it's only a guess.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't give a crap how many DVD releases Sin City eventually gets, Buena Vista had BETTER get the transfer on this one RIGHT. If they don't, all of the extras in the world won't mean squat.

IMHO. :D

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Is a full blown SE for sure or is it just hopeful thinking? Sadly I missed this at the theatre and really wanna see it.

Lane_S

Agent
I'm going to get the one with the Blockbuster logo on on the cover!

First version is strictly a rental for me. I'll watch it a couple of times then buy the SE as soon as its available, which will most probably come in only one cover flavor.

But, all four do look really nice.

Mark E J

Second Unit

There will definately be extra footage in the stand alone stories. According to RR the stand alone stories will feature the entire Graphic Novels uncut. This means there will be quite a bit of new footage across the three stories including new characters.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'll probably wait until the SE to buy (assuming the theatrical version is on there, and I'm sure it will be), and I honestly don't mind waiting. I know that this is probably more evidence of the rental-pricing-substitute theory, but I'd rather have them take their time and do a proper special edition, rather than rush it. At least we know for certain that it is coming out.

I'll probably rent this version to watch it again, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks