What's new

What's the Hz of my speakers -- how to find out? (1 Viewer)

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I have this surround setup -- and am extremely happy with it:

http://cerwinvega.com/products/homea...ies/avs51.html

Now, My question is -- I am trying to properly set the crossover in the receiver, and I want to find out what the Hz range is for the main loudspeakers. The spec sheet give an over all range -- but that includes the sub which starts at 35Hz -- so that doesn't help... I would like to find out so i can set my xover to about 10Hz above the lowest limit of the mains.... if i called the company, would they have those specs?

Thanks,

Matt

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With a 4" driver, I'd say it's safe to say they are somewhere between 80Hz and 100Hz. You don't want to set your x-over so close to that point because the speaker will roll off quicker than the x-over will, creating a gap/dip. I'd try a 100Hz or 120Hz x-over.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
The easiest way to find out is to get Avia or VE and run the singnal sweep for your speakers. When they drop off, you know you reached the limit.

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
you could use a spl meter and some test tones to determine where they roll off at and to find a good crossover point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks