Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Movie Geeks of the Home Theater Forum Needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam Portrais

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts

Posted June 08 2005 - 08:33 PM

The guy behind one of the best Quentin Tarantino websites, http://www.tarantino.info , has come up with Flickopedia, an all things movies Wiki site. For those who don't know, wiki is a type of website that any one can contribute to or edit. Think of it as a reference guide but everyone can throw in what info they want. I have started editing some things on the site but, as is the case with a wiki site, it's best when a lot of people help build the site so there is more to read/research/discuss/etc. And since I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable film lovers on these boards (who have a vast variety of tastes), I figured this would be as good a place as any to spread the word. I would just like to invite anyone who would like to come over, check it out, and if you feel compelled, contribute. Again, a wiki site is only as good as the people who contribute to them.

Check it out at http://flickopedia.tarantino.info

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Floto

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 04:54 AM

Can't we just go to the Internet Movie Database?
Movies I would purchase instantly if they were available in their correct aspect ratio:
Death Trap, Innocent Blood, The Shadow, and Remo Williams

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor

• 902 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 05:47 AM

That was going to be my question as well.

There's already so much information contained within movies' entries on the IMDB (trivia/goofs/alternate versions/quotes/etc), plus links to reviews and informational sites all over the net. What kind of information does this new site plan on having that can't be found at the IMDB?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister

Producer

• 4,148 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 12:53 PM

If Tarantino wants me to contribute to his site, he can pay me. Otherwise, he can @#$% off.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Lev-S

Lev-S

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
If Tarantino wants me to contribute to his site, he can pay me. Otherwise, he can @#$% off.

HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, though, use IMDB.
My DVDs

Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
Skinner: How ironic.