-

Photo
- - - - -

Human Finger found in Wendy's Chili

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#21 of 142 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 01:55 AM

Quote:
I am not sure people are. I'm not. It's an informative piece of writing. Don't see how it could be compared to the Bible in any shape or form.
I've never read it so I can't really argue, but how do we know this book is completely truthful? Everytime I talk about fast food, a friend of mine says "You wouldn't eat that if you read 'Fast Food Nation'". Posted Image

It just seems odd how people can change their perceptions so quickly because of a book. Do these people know that these facts are 100% truthful? That's why I refered to it as the bible. People seem to be radically changing their views based on a little blind faith.

Sorry, but I guess I am a bit bitter because I'm sick of hearing about this book. Posted Image

#22 of 142 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 02:24 AM

Quote:
I simply said that I don't think a finger could make it through that many levels of processing without being seen.

Probably the same way an entire chicken head couldn't make it through the mcnugget factory Posted Image :

Posted Image

#23 of 142 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 03:00 AM

A chicken head being processed is a case of either the workers not caring or laziness, but there has to be something else going on besides not caring and laziness when a human finger gets through the process.

At a chicken processing plant, there are bound to be heads of chickens around, so it would make perfect sense if one accidentally got into the mix, but what factory has human fingers laying around??? It obviosuly came from a worker, and there lies the mystery...

Imagine if someone at your workplace lost a finger, do you really think that day would be considered a "normal" day? Do you think the incident would go by unnoticed? Do you think the person (who lost the finger) would be able to hide it? Do you think the other employees would act as if nothing has happened (and went on about their job duties)?

I can see how the finger can get "through" the process unseen, but where I get confused is how it can get "into" the process to begin with.

p.s. Yes, yes, yes, I know "Fast Food Nation" Posted Image Posted Image

#24 of 142 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 03:05 AM

Well said Mark. You beat me to the reply.

A chicken head in a chicken plant is one thing, but a human finger is something else entirely.

#25 of 142 OFFLINE   DustinLC

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

• 543 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 03:23 AM

Quote:
It just seems odd how people can change their perceptions so quickly because of a book. Do these people know that these facts are 100% truthful?
Sorry, but I guess I am a bit bitter because I'm sick of hearing about this book.

Mark, don't be skeptical of the book and people who mention if you haven't read it. It's not like a book about UFO. There's nothing in there that are unbelievable. Even if you pick up this book and read it like a fiction, it'll have an effect on you and it'll be hard for you to believe that all the info are made up. You make it as if people who read it are gullible.

If it bothers you that people talk about this book, read it. Pick some informations in there that you believe are bogus and argue the point with them. It's better than having unfound bitterness over a book.

#26 of 142 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 03:52 AM

Quote:
You make it as if people who read it are gullible.
Not so much gullible, more like "blind" as to what really goes on. I really don't believe that animal farms and fast food places are all "fun and games" and everything is prepared in a super-clean environement...it's like the old saying "If you ever saw the kitchen of the restaurant you eat at, you problably would stop eating there."

I know what goes on in all of these restaurants, but it doesn't stop me from eating there...I know what goes on at the animal farms, but that doesn't stop me from eating meat either...

I just wonder why people (who read this book) all of a sudden change their lives and perceptions of fast food? Did they really expect something different?

So what I mean is, I think it's this sudden "Opening of peoples eyes" (due to this book), that allows them to start believing every cockamamy story that they hear thereafter. That's where I think they start becoming "gullible".

#27 of 142 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 04:04 AM

Quote:
At a chicken processing plant, there are bound to be heads of chickens around, so it would make perfect sense if one accidentally got into the mix, but what factory has human fingers laying around???

I was simply pointing out that anything that gets into the process can make it through. We're probably talking about tons of meat here. Spotting a finger in a ton of ground beef is probably impossible... even if you're looking for it.

#28 of 142 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 04:18 AM

Quote:
I was simply pointing out that anything that gets into the process can make it through. We're probably talking about tons of meat here. Spotting a finger in a ton of ground beef is probably impossible
The difference lies in that the chickens don't have a plant nurse to visit in the case of a production accident, nor do they have to fill out accident forms. Chickens are supposed to be cut up in a chicken plant...not the employees. If you worked in a poultry factory and lost a digit, you'd let people know.
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#29 of 142 OFFLINE   ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 04:37 AM

If you worked in a poultry factory and lost a digit, you'd let people know.

Not if I was an illegal immigrant worried about keeping my minimum-wage job.

#30 of 142 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 05:26 AM

Not if I was an illegal immigrant worried about keeping my minimum-wage job.

I thought about this angle, because I'm sure there are plenty of illegals working in these facilities. That said, losing a digit would be pretty hard to hide (I've never witnessed anyone chop off a finger, but the bleeding would have to be pretty hard to hide, even if you wanted to). If this story turns out to have merit, this is the most likely scenario IMHO, but I still have a hard time believing that somebody could cut off a finger, and be able to continue on with their job with nobody noticing.

#31 of 142 OFFLINE   DustinLC

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

• 543 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 05:57 AM

I can imagine a scenerio with someone who loss a finger and be scare to shit to tell anyone fearing the consequences. We're not talking about just getting fire. Someone who hasn't thought things through might say: oh no, my finger is in the meat and can't be recovered. They might have to rid of that whole batch and make me pay for it,....I might be sued, arrested, ect....

Who knows what went through his head. With some many employed, it's hard to believe that you don't have one who has no clues. I think he could hide it and the next time he's around people, he could say he loss his finger at home cutting carrots. In these plants, there are limited people scattered throughout a very large facility. He just left immediately after the incident in a panic.

I assume he went to a local emergency room Posted Image.

#32 of 142 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 06:01 AM

Quote:
It's either that, or a bitter employee
I believe the proper word is disgruntled. Posted Image

Obviously the evil bastards that run the processing plant have determined the minimum number of fingers an illegal alien needs to perform their job. Those bastards. Posted Image

I suppose there are worse human appendages that you could find in your chili. Posted Image

That picture of the Chicken Head McNugget = Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#33 of 142 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 06:04 AM

Quote:
I suppose there are worse human appendages that you could find in your chili.
When my family heard the story, everyone was like "Ewwww! Gross!" but I was like: "Meat is meat! Why is a finger grosser than the ground up cow that's in the chili?" Posted Image

#34 of 142 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,775 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted April 07 2005 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
I can imagine a scenerio with someone who loss a finger and be scare to shit to tell anyone fearing the consequences.

Well yes, he could be an illegal alien.
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#35 of 142 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 11:22 AM

You guys are missing the obvious explanation. Someone along the food processing line was trying to get rid of body parts... not their own body parts - their victim's body parts.

It's like you guys have never tried to dispose of a body before. Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#36 of 142 OFFLINE   Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,437 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
As to your other two points, I don't see what either have to do with a finger being found in someone's chilli. Both are horrible disasters caused either by callous corporations or cheap-skate business owners, but neither have any connection to this story.

Quote:
No matter how bad the system is, I still find it pretty hard to believe that a finger could be severed into the product and nobody does anything about it.

So you find it entirely plausible that someone would lock the fire doors at a chicken plant (thereby condemning many people to a horrible death). But you're certain that the sort of people who would do that would have major ethical qualms over "looking the other way" when (1) an industrial accident sliced off a person's finger, and (2) the finger fell inconveniently into a large batch of meat.

I see.

#37 of 142 OFFLINE   Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,437 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
You guys are missing the obvious explanation. Someone along the food processing line was trying to get rid of body parts... not their own body parts - their victim's body parts.

So the finger in the chili is only the tip of the matter? Posted Image (What good would it do a killer to dispose of one finger, and leave the rest of the victim behind?)

#38 of 142 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 05:26 PM

Quote:
What good would it do a killer to dispose of one finger, and leave the rest of the victim behind?

Well you don't show up to work carrying a whole body. That would be suspicious. You cut it up into workable portions and you drop them in over days or weeks. You can grind the bones up and drop them in the Frosty machine.

And Wendy's is missing a real 21st century marketing opportunity here. They could call it Digital Chili and appeal to the techno-geek crowd. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#39 of 142 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 05:46 PM

CO-WORKER: Hey Brad, what's with the bowling ball bag? And why do you have it out here on the chili meat processing line?

BRAD: Well ya see, I'm going bowling right after work ya see, and uh.... it wouldn't fit in my locker ya see.... HEY! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE!?

* SPLASH *

INT. DAY WENDY'S DINING AREA

#40 of 142 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 07:04 PM

The Friday, April 8th edition of the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that the police in Las Vegas has executed a search warrant at the home of the woman who found the finger.

Details below....

http://www.sfgate.co..../08/FINGER.TMP
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow