What's new

Human Finger found in Wendy's Chili (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
From the article as police raided her home:

The unnecessary force was at the request of Wendy's. That'll teach you to complain about a finger in your chili!

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling the woman will be found to have concocted the entire episode. Let's face it, there wouldn't be a search warrant without some pretty strong feelings by the police (or Wendy's) that she is making it up.

Confession to follow in the next few days...

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Think about it. *IF* a meat worker cut his finger off, it would be while cutting up the raw sides of beef. This would be *before* said meat went through the *hamburger grinding machine*.

Industrial hamburger grinders are going to grind everything to bits. After that, it just get squirted into bags. No knives involved. So the finger didn't get in at the plant.

A finger could get into the meat, but you'd never know it. You'd at most bite down on a bone chip and wouldn't know it wasn't cow.

The finger was added at the Restaurant. Either by an disgruntled employee or the "victim."

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
heard in the news last night it's a suspected scam. supposedly the finger belongs to her dead aunt ... or something like that.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As a former Wendy's worker :b the chili is made on the premises. The meat is made from the 'extra' hamburgers. Basically, in order to keep the burgers fresh, there is always a certain amount of burgers on the grill. This way, as the customer orders, there's always a burger ready to be served. All of the burgers that sit on the grill too long, get put into a bin for the chili meat. The burgers are chopped up and added to the chili mix.

So unless the Wendy's employee cut off his finger (while chopping up the over cooked burgers) - there's no way it could have gotten in by way of the meat.

The only way it could have gotten in was either in the sauce mix, which comes in a big can, (like a big can of tomato sauce) or from the bag of veggies (i.e. the pepper and onion mix) which comes in a bag.

So we can really rule out the meat plant. Any ideas of how it could have happened now??

EDIT - FYI, the square burgers came in a tighly sealed bag where the burgers were stacked on top of each other like a loaf of bread. :D

John Spencer

Supporting Actor

Yes, that's what they do when you resist arrest, Einstein.

According to news crews, she went ballistic as soon as the cops stepped onto her property. Then her family joined in. Sounds to me like the cops did a fine job of not letting the situation get crazy.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor

Uhh, it came in a baggie in the woman's purse...

Why are criminals so stupid? Don't they watch CSI? Haven't they ever heard of forensic pathology?

I'm not even a detective, but here's the tests I'd come up with?

DNA & fingerprints

Check for embalming fluid or other preservatives

Check method of cooking of finger to determine if the same as cooking of chili.

Check concentrations of seasoning to determine if finger was actually cooked with rest of chili or thrown in later.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Because crime IS stupid. If they were smart, they'd be doing something else better with their time.

You have to be dumb to think a crime is something you can get away with.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The latest is that the woman has a history of filing lawsuits against companies for various "wrongs". Surprise, surprise.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am now firmly in the camp that believes she planted the finger.

As for suing her, I don't know what they could get--she can't have much money to sue for.

I am sure there will be some well-deserved criminal charges filed--and soon.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
*laugh* Wendy's will not sue, they want this story to go away rather then keep it in the news, it's hurting their business. I think there will be a demand on the part of Wendy's that she openly acknowledges she did it, and htat will be it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to bring it up again, but this is what I was talking about that "Fast Food Nation" book being way too influential.

That book makes too many people believe stories like this.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Mark I find it rather sad that you so blithely dismiss a book that you haven't even bothered to read.

By your comments it is obvious that you really don't have a clue about the true focus of the book.

Yes the book does discuss the deployable conditions of the meat packing industry but its’ focus really is not about "fast food is dirty and unhealthy". The real focus of the book is about how the industry's philosophies have changed the economic and social landscape of the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks