-

Photo
- - - - -

Gimme a Break?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 05 2005 - 04:55 AM

Is there any chance of seeing "Gimme a Break" on DVD any time in the future?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted April 05 2005 - 06:48 AM

god I hope so.

But you know how fans of 80's sitcoms (not counting Cosby Show and Cheers) always get screwed. Nick At Nite spent about a whole year on our shows in between the decade of 70's shows and the past 2 or 3 years devoted to 90's shows.

Give me the complete runs of Gimme A Break, Facts Of Life and Diff'rent Strokes and I will be a happy camper.

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 05 2005 - 09:39 AM

And this one had better be uncut. The syndicated cuts as seen on USA Network 8 years ago were horrifying. One instance cuts out a joke and leaves in the audience laughter. I can supply the tape if you don't believe me.

Then there's music rights.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   DaveK

DaveK

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted April 05 2005 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
The syndicated cuts as seen on USA Network 8 years ago were horrifying. One instance cuts out a joke and leaves in the audience laughter. I can supply the tape if you don't believe me.

Matthew I believe you because I taped those episodes. In fact, I tried to tape episodes from the third and fourth season (since they were being shown in chronological order), and a lot of episodes were skipped.

For instance, there was the episode in the third season where Nell, Addie and Joey go to Nell's sister's wedding in the south. Nell had to go head-to-head with her mom. They only showed part one and not part two of these episodes. I was royally peeved off.

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 06 2005 - 03:27 AM

They also skipped the Ray Parker, Jr. episode, which, ironically, I taped on vacation when WWOR aired the show on their national feed.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 04:01 PM

I would definitely be interested in this, but would like to see some other 80s sitcoms on DVD first; Silver Spoons, Facts of Life, Small Wonder, Mr Belvedere, Out of this World, etc...

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 06:14 AM

I would like to see tons of shows relesed as well. Just so I can see them again.

My Netflix account is running out of choices.

I just like to try before I buy nowadays. I made the mistake of buying things I used to love, but no longer really like now.

Some things I liked even better and some the same.

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 01:47 AM

I remember watching Gimme a Break with Neil Carter on USA network when they showed it back in the day and I hope they release that onto television box set because I would buy it in a second.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 20 2005 - 06:31 AM

I would purchase this in a heartbeat.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 04:22 AM

I can't wait to pick this up next week.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 05 2006 - 03:52 PM

Well it's almost a week until the season one release. No reviews yet, nor indications of running times. Right now I'm trying to be optimistic about the quality of the set, but Universal has gotten so many complaints over their discs (usually for manufacturing issues) that I am still biting my nails over it.

BTW, TVOne has a Gimme a Break marathon beginning 12:00 PM eastern on Saturday, February 11.

http://www.tvoneonli....date=2/11/2006

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 04:22 PM

Universal is bad with sending out review copies... very rarely do they send out copies before a business day or two before street

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,380 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 06:08 PM

Just be optimistic and hope everyone buys it so we can get the whole series eventually.

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Pavan_P

Pavan_P

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 03:53 AM

We (SitcomsOnline.com) will have a review of the set this week. Hopefully it'll be up by Thursday or Friday.

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 12 2006 - 03:00 PM

http://www.sitcomson....dvdreview.html

The review is up, the episodes are complete, the disc is MINE!

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts

Posted February 12 2006 - 03:55 PM

My sitcom prayers have been answered.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes