What's new

Mister Ed Blu Ray? (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It's possible for a blu-ray release, but depends on who has the current license on the series. Shout Factory could still have the rights to distribute the series, but at the same time though Amazon did purchase MGM and so Amazon could now claim distribution rights to all MGM/Orion/Filmways properties.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Through Wilbur, Mister Ed offers useful batting tips to Los Angeles Dodgers team manager, Leo Durocher. Incredibly stupid show but I found this episode quite funny. Love what appears to be a wooden prop made to look like Ed sliding into home plate. Includes some Connie Hines cheesecake for the non-Baseball fan. Pure 1960's classic tv.​

S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-1.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-2.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-3.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-4.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-5.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-6.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-7.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-8.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-9.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-10.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-11.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-12.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-13.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-14.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-15.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-16.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-17.jpg S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)-18.jpg

Memorable Segs

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's possible for a blu-ray release, but depends on who has the current license on the series. Shout Factory could still have the rights to distribute the series, but at the same time though Amazon did purchase MGM and so Amazon could now claim distribution rights to all MGM/Orion/Filmways properties.
Yeah, I was wondering if the shout license had expired

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I never got any DVD releases, so I'd get this if it was on Blu-Ray.
Are they still available?

S04E01 Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed (Sep.29.1963)

Dodger Stadium was 1 year old when this episode aired!

I don't know when it was listed this way, or if it was ever updated, but this episode was rated by TV Guide as the 73rd best episode in television history! I recall a lot of TV series that had Dodgers and Dodgers organization people in them like Dennis the Menace, The Munsters, The Joey Bishop Show (twice), Hank, The Hollywood Palace, some westerns and the like. (And the Giants Willie Mays was on Bewitched!)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I never got any DVD releases, so I'd get this if it was on Blu-Ray.
Are they still available?
Martin Mister Ed: The Complete Series is still available and if I didn’t already have it I’d scoop it up fast because it likely will be OPP very soon as Shout is letting just about all their classic tv series go that route. IMO there’s not a prayer anyone will ever see a BluRay release. In fact I’d bet they’ll be no HD remastering for streaming either. Be happy that it’s available at all. I’m content with my DVD’s and wouldn’t double dip even if there were a BD release.
Dodger Stadium was 1 year old when this episode aired!

I don't know when it was listed this way, or if it was ever updated, but this episode was rated by TV Guide as the 73rd best episode in television history! I recall a lot of TV series that had Dodgers and Dodgers organization people in them like Dennis the Menace, The Munsters, The Joey Bishop Show (twice), Hank, The Hollywood Palace, some westerns and the like. (And the Giants Willie Mays was on Bewitched!)
That’s very interesting that TV Guide rated Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed it as the 73rd best episode in television history! It certainly is a beloved classic among MLB and Mister Ed fans.

In 2021 I did a photo essay theme entitled Opening Day MLB Classic Television Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. Because most if not all of these series were filmed in Hollywood, Ca. there were no shortages of iconic L.A. Dodgers appearances. Had these been shot in NY no doubt we’d be entranced by images of the New York Yankees and Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Martin Mister Ed: The Complete Series is still available and if I didn’t already have it I’d scoop it up fast because it likely will be OPP very soon as Shout is letting just about all their classic tv series go that route. IMO there’s not a prayer anyone will ever see a BluRay release. In fact I’d bet they’ll be no HD remastering for streaming either. Be happy that it’s available at all. I’m content with my DVD’s and wouldn’t double dip even if there were a BD release.

That’s very interesting that TV Guide rated Leo Durocher Meets Mister Ed it as the 73rd best episode in television history! It certainly is a beloved classic among MLB and Mister Ed fans.

In 2021 I did a photo essay theme entitled Opening Day MLB Classic Television Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. Because most if not all of these series were filmed in Hollywood, Ca. there were no shortages of iconic L.A. Dodgers appearances. Had these been shot in NY no doubt we’d be entranced by images of the New York Yankees and Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford.
Upgrades to blu from DVD are nice, but we're fortunate to get any older TV shows just on DVD. There are still a lot of shows not on video at all yet that I would be happy to have just on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks