Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any reviews of the new Clutch Cargo DVD's?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted March 23 2005 - 12:39 AM

Did anyone pick up either volume of the Clutch Cargo season sets released this week, and if so, can you comment on the overall quality of the set? I know these are very inexpensive (around $10 ea), but I'd still like to know if the audio/video presentation is decent. Thanks!
Gary

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 23 2005 - 05:32 AM

They sound good to me and look fine. I think maybe a bigger company could have done a better restoration job on the show but I do not know. I have seen clips of this show before and those clips never looked this good but these do not look as good as say Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends or Jonny Quest but they are a little older and much more mistreated in the first place. I have both volumes, each a 3 disc set. Disc 1 is one sided while disc 2 and 3 are flippers. Special Features are awesome and details of those can be found at tvshowsondvd.com , I did enjoy Space Angel. The show itself seems nice, fun and seems intentionally unintentionally funny. I think the Syncro-Vox process was a great way of working around some budget troubles and though the animation is limited the character and stage design seems a step-up from some budget made cartoons and more like a comic strip. Coming in never having seen anything but clips a few months ago, I was well entertained.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,843 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted March 23 2005 - 05:45 AM

Tory, thanks for your comments. Now, I am anxious to check these out!
Gary

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,122 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 13 2005 - 07:14 AM

Sweet! I was concerned that they would be garbage quality wise, but for this price, I'll have to snap these up as a blind buy!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted April 16 2005 - 01:37 PM

They're video sourced and Friendly Head hunters looks a little too hot in the contrast department but other wise Navarre has done a pretty good job with these.

Anyone got the VCI collections for comparison purposes.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Randall Cyrenne

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted April 17 2005 - 04:17 AM

I got each set for just over ten bucks each with my member discount at DVDsoon, but sadly they're still backordered. I plan to post a review when I do get them. Incidentally, DVDverdict reviewed the VCI set this past week:

DVD Verdict review.