What's new

Life Aquatic Criterion Collection (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Actually I also started a thread
a week ago.

Maybe somebody could combine these two threads.

In my original post I was also confused about the pricing difference.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
They wanted a nice round number. They'll fill in the rest later. Criterion doesn't release their titles in spine number sequence. Spine number 1 appeared WAY after the ones that are supposedly following it.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
That's not exactly so. Generally speaking, Criterion's release schedule proceeds according to spine number, but of course the exigencies of a particular DVD may mean that no. 300 is out before no. 294, which might proceed 297, etc.

The release of "Grand Illusion", or spine no. 1, was delayed for so long because just as they were finishing work on the DVD, a film element in much better shape surfaced... so they scuttled the work done so far, and started over with the new film element.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Well I would guess this will be Criterions biggest release for the year.

Being a mainstream movie it will probably sell as many copies as the rest of their releases combined.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
May is a good month for English-language Criterions, with this, Hoop Dreams & Burden of Dreams all being released. Following "F for Fake" in April, no less. Woo hoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks