Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Quick X-Files Guide Please

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
542 replies to this topic

#541 of 543 calloway302

calloway302

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 23 2010 - 10:09 AM

I know this is an old thread but can somebody please help me, I'm going to start collecting used seasons 1-6 off eBay and such and want them all to match and I'm torn between the collectors edition thickpacks and the newer slimpaks. To those that've seen both, aside from the bonus features are there any changes between the collectors edition discs and slimpak discs? Has the picture or sound quality been improved on the newer slimpaks or any other changes? Thank you.

#542 of 543 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 23 2010 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calloway302 View Post

Has the picture or sound quality been improved on the newer slimpaks or any other changes? Thank you.

Except for the last disc of S2 (where they squeezed a fifth episode on it) and dropping the bonus discs, I believe the sets are all exactly the same. Usually when there's a re-release or a series set, the studio use the existing discs so they don't have to spend any more money on new transfers or encodes for the same basic thing.

#543 of 543 shuzi

shuzi

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 28 2010 - 07:50 PM

love X-Files and strongly recommend THE X FILES Complete season1-9 (58DVDS) Ultimate Collection

/img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif