Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Almost done, Friends: season 9 3/8/05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted December 15 2004 - 08:38 AM

TVShowsOnDVD.com news item

I'm now pretty confident we will conclude the show in 2005 possibly during the summer.

#2 of 11 John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted December 15 2004 - 03:07 PM

I lost interest in Friends a long time ago, but it's nice that Warner is back at a more decent pace, considering the unusual wait the fans had to bare between 7 and 8

#3 of 11 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted December 15 2004 - 05:24 PM

Yes, region 2 season 10 is just released here but with this pace I will wait for the R1.

#4 of 11 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
I lost interest in Friends a long time ago, but it's nice that Warner is back at a more decent pace, considering the unusual wait the fans had to bare between 7 and 8

Don't forget there was the series finale released between those sets. It's not a season set, but they did put something out for the show.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 11 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 09:34 PM

Anyone has seen this set yet? I'm completing my set and the sound of the season finale is terrible. It sounds like it's coming from a mile away. disappointing. How on earth they can release something like this in 2005 I don't know.

#6 of 11 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 09:51 PM

I was finishing up two other sets this weekend and planned to rip into Friends S9 next. Pray tell, where can I quickly find an example of this problem, Sam? Right away, or should you point me toward a particular scene/episode?
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 11 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 11:55 PM

Thanks, that would be great. It's the sound of the season finale. The last episode called "The One In Barbados" on disc 4. You should listen to another episode first and then try that last episode.

#8 of 11 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,375 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 01:38 AM

I just gave it a listen and immediatly heard what you mean. Before there was VCR, I used to put a tape recorder in front of the TV and recorded shows that way so I could listen to them over and over again. The audio on the finale reminded me of that, it sounds very tinny.

Also, I flipped to the audio commentary track and the show audio sounds exactly the same there, but the comments by the producers are fine.

Chris

#9 of 11 WhitneyG

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 05:55 AM

I also noticed an audio problem with "The One In Barbados." WHV is doing a sloppy job checking for problems with their releases if this got past them. I watched this episode with a standard two-speaker setup and even I noticed this as soon as the episode began. As far as I can tell, the problem stays for the entire two-part episode. I don't normally complain about minor problems, but this is too noticable for WHV to not be held responsible.

#10 of 11 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 08:36 AM

Yes and it's a real shame! Posted Image

Yes, the audio commentary track sounds fine. I mean the commentary part.

#11 of 11 Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted March 21 2005 - 04:55 PM

I just finished watching the episode only minutes ago. Even as soon as the episode began, I had to turn up the volume on my reciever. The lack of clarity was really disappointing. Most evident would be the song played at the end of the episode when
Joey and Rachel kiss
It sounded very dull. At a higher volume, the episode was tolerable at best. I'm really surprised Warner let this one slip through the cracks, especially considering their excellent production of the previous 8 sets.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection: