Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What song sounds AWESOME in your car stereo setup?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted December 12 2004 - 03:39 PM

Hey, What songs do you like playing to show off your car stereo system? I've always been partial to Head Like a Hole

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted December 13 2004 - 10:44 AM

Down In The River To Pray - Alison Krauss - O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack: Some reverb which covers up the normal car acoustic issues. An excellent recording of voices (mainly female)
Vegas - Crystal Method: Any track off this CD
Pomp and Pipes: Allelujah! Laudamus Te or Polka and Fugue will test every aspect of your system (inc. extreme low bass)

Quality tracks in the home = quality tracks in the car... YMMV.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted December 13 2004 - 10:49 AM

Ironically enough, most any Celion Dion song. Ironic as in I listen to metal predominately.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted December 13 2004 - 05:15 PM

Doo Wa Ditty - Zapp & Roger (and most of the rest of their music) Pony - Ginuwine Come Fly with Me - Michael Buble Charade - Bobby Darin Electric Relaxation - Tribe Called Quest Do For Love - 2Pac Music - Madonna Got Til it's Gone - Janet Jackson Doesn't Really Matter - Janet Jackson This is How I Feel - Finley Quaye Overture (And All that Jazz) - Chicago ST Stealing Happy Hours - 311 Rub a Dub - 311 Female of the Species - Space Sock it to Me - Missy Elliot Beep me 911 - Missy Elliot Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen Compliante de la Butte - Rufus Wainwright

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian_D

Brian_D

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted December 14 2004 - 02:12 AM

YYZ - Rush (moving pictures) is a great track. Sound moves all over the car, nice tight bass.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   StephenHa

StephenHa

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted December 14 2004 - 03:40 PM

I use Amanda Marshall, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Reba McEntire, and Travis Tritt for demos usually they all make a system sound great

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter

Second Unit

• 388 posts

Posted December 20 2004 - 07:18 AM

When I listen to Dance. Like stated above any track from Crystal Method's Vegas Chemical Brothers - Rock Blockin Beats Prodigy - Smack My Bitch up (or really any Track from "Fat of the Land") Rabbit in the Moon - F.L.Orida O.B.E. Fear Drunk as a Monk Classical: Holts - from "The Planets" - Mars - Jupiter Mussogorsky - Night on Bald Mountain Rock: Tool - Sober Lateralus almost anything from Dave Mathews Band or his solo CD Tori Amos - Cooling (To Venus and Back Live) Little Earthquakes I could go on and on and on and on.........
Mark F. Leiter

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   MikeGee

MikeGee

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 03:29 PM

Prodigy - Mindfield Mindless Self Indulgence - Bring the pain 2pac - starin at the world through my rearview Refused- Tennhauser/Derive GnR - Welcome to the Jungle All of them sound kickass

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Sam_S

Sam_S

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted January 09 2005 - 07:45 PM

I feel like a retarded little white boy playing it, but the true test for me to see if you have a *GOOD* system or not, is the song "Down for my Ni****s" by C-Murder. There's an instramental version that doesn't have the profanity for "safe" bumping if you look online... but it is THE test song.

It hits some low pass notes that when you've got a well installed capable sub, it will DROP YOUR JAW. When I was showing it to a friend of mine at Tweeter from the install bay, playing that song knocked almost an entire shelf worth of merchandise off of the shelf in the store, and attracted almost the entire storefull of shoppers to come out and see the car that was doing "that". They all thought I had some deadly JBL or similarly hyped set of subs too.

It was a single 12" in the most insane ported box ever (and was a brand name you guys wouldn't know) Posted Image Too bad they discontinued the sub Posted Image
I hate the English for one reason, and one reason alone: they defile the most holy of all carbohydrates! How can one LIVE with themselves after putting liver or kidney in a PIE?! It's just not right!!!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   MatthewKolden

MatthewKolden

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 07:00 AM

Audioslave - Show Me How to Live This song is mixed incredibly well and you get such an amazing display of all the high's and low's on a good system. I love it.
I firmly believe that fish and humans can coexist in peace.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   gab_

gab_

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted February 05 2005 - 07:23 AM

I've always loved glycerin by bush. also, the whole audiovent cd sounds great on my system

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted February 05 2005 - 10:41 AM

Guess I'm the old fart in this thread but I've been jamming loudly for 3 decades...and have had a pretty good system for most of that........ overall fav is PINK FLOYD....
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis