What's new

Most over used song in movies? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this has been talked about before, (didn't know how to search for this one), but I think "Ain't no Mountian High Enough" is, imho, the most over used song in movies.
Anybody else?

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm more annoyed at songs in trailers. If I haveta hear another trailer with music from the movie Stargate or from ES Posthumas I'll throw my pepsi at the screen.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Also overused in trailers is the score from the Ripley (Loader) v. Queen scene at the end of Aliens.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. when I hear this in a movie, always coinciding with a woman "Throwing Down", I am embarrassed, its SO corny.
As for trailers there are so many overused songs i can't name them all, but I could start with Mr. Blue Sky -E.L.O. I love this song but, come on both Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine used it, Maybe it's a Charlie Kaufman thing? And,Would I lie to you? The Eurythmics, would be on my list.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
All-Star by Smashmouth- been used in Mystery Men, Shrek, Rat Race and probably more that I've forgotten.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
I agree that a lot of musical cues are extremely overused in previews. Randy Edelman's work is also extremely hackneyed in previews - it seemed like for a couple of years you couldn't escape his themes from "Dragonheart" and "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story." And for a while, White Zombie's "More Human than Human" was in EVERYTHING.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Seems EVERY film set in the Vietnam era uses this one, and ALWAYS at the exact moment the protagonist is first shown in combat.

I mentioned this at a party over the summer (when the song was playing), and told all within earshot "Shouldn't we all start shooting at each other right now?" I was AMAZED at how many people knew exactly what I meant.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
"bodies" by drowning pool is used in far too many trailers for action films. It makes me want to avoid the film at all costs.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The "O Fortuna" theme from Carmina Burana was used for several epic or would-be movies, either in trailers or in the movie itself (Excalibur was one example). The trailer to the South Park movie actually parodied its use by featuring the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks