Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

tv in the bathroom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Simon Brooke

Simon Brooke

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 05:50 AM

hi guys,

has anybody put a tv in the bathroom, i hadn't given it much though, what tv's can you put in there. the wiring is not an issue.

thanks for the help.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Hope Barattini

Hope Barattini

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 05:07 PM

My Dad has a coworker that is in his late 60's, he recently remodeled and added on to his house. He has a TV in every room; Kitchen, den, living room, bedrooms (3x) and yes, the bathroom. He has it positioned so he can lay in his corner whirlpool and watch. Um, this really kinda freaks me out cause he cant stay a wake at work for a long (!) my dad says so I cant imagine how much tv he watches before he doses off...seems like an electrical hazard to me, really if you dont have one with a remote Posted Image
My favorite lines to use:
"Fish are friends, not food!!"
Finding Nemo
"Burn rubber not ya soul...!!"
Biker Boyz"Daddy, I need five hundred dollars!!" Hilary, from the Fresh Prince, sounds like my sister...!! Peace Out,Hope

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 12:02 AM

In a wet environment like that, I'd stick with something like a LCD screen.

1. It should be relatively easy to 'water proof',
2. The power supply is often remoted, so the actual screen only has 12vDC going to it (or something like that.)

In spite of #2, I would still recommend #1, because with the high humidity, you may have a shortened circuit-board life due to condensation and corrosion.

Of course, growing up the way I did, I can't imagine why anyone would want TVs in every room. Or even most rooms. We've got only the one projector in one room (and no tuner, cable, or satalite.)

Leo Kerr

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 01:55 PM

Simon,

don't know your layout but I have seen installations of a TV behind the bathroom mirror.

TV goes behind two way mirror. Remote still works and TV virtually disappears when off. rest of mirror is against solid color/wall

http://www.ohio.com/....9399945.htm?1c