Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with Sharpness on Avia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Brett_A

Brett_A

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted August 07 2004 - 02:47 AM

I was just tuning my new tv last night, Toshiba 65H84 and when I was adjusting sharpness there was absolutely no change of the test pattern. Is there a setting counteracting the changes? On all my others TVs I have never had a problem and always can tune it.

Any advice?

#2 of 3 Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted August 10 2004 - 05:57 AM

Some of the settings might not be applicable to some of the inputs, for example the tint control is sometimes restricted to composite and S-video.

If your DVD player is outputting progressive scan it is more likely that some of the TV controls may not be applicable since progressive scan enters the video signal path later on, and the controls may affect the video signal before the entry point for progressive scan.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

#3 of 3 Chris_Smith

Chris_Smith

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted September 25 2004 - 04:59 AM

I just got a Toshiba 51H84 yesterday and found the same thing adjusting sharpness. I have a prog scan DVD player hooked up with Component cables.

Chris