What's new

Denon 5900 DVD and 3805 Receiver I-Link connection? (1 Viewer)

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a Denon 3805 receiver for my 2nd HT. Currently the 5900 DVD is in the primary HT using multi-channel analog for SACD/DVD-A.

I have cat5e cables going between the 2 rooms and I thought I'd give this I-Link a try by hooking up a Cat5 wire between the receiver and DVD 5900. However, they don't seem to talk to each other. From the 5900, I've enabled ILINK connection and my options are:

OFF
2ND

I selected "2ND" whatever it means.

For 3805 receiver, I pick one input and select digital IN as ILINK but it shows NO SIGNAL.

I wonder if the cable length is the problem? I did confirm with a Fluke LanMeter that the wire is fine and it's a straight 568B cable.

I'd appreciate for your suggestions,

Simon

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
The only link that will work with the 3805 receiver is the Denon Link (2nd edition I believe...that's where the 2nd comes in on the 5900) If you're trying to use the IEEE1394 firewire link from the 5900 to the 3805 it won't work. Not sure, but I would suspect that the Denon Link cable might be proprietary as is the link itself.

Mort

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
Mort,

I'm sorry as I meant the Denon Link which is the connection looks like UTP socket. I was using a normal patch cable but no luck so far. The distance is quite far away though - almost 100ft.

Thanks,

Simon

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Simon, try plugging the real Denon cable to see if it works. If it does, use your existing Cat5E wiring as an extender.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks