Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems switching from Dish to Cable

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Brett_A

Brett_A

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted August 01 2004 - 04:31 PM

I just recently switched from Dish Network to Cable(Comcast) and the new signal seems much worse than Dish. Even on my direct view tv I am getting lots of noticeable jaggies especially noticeable on reds, the resolution is horrible. It is more pronounced on my 65" RPT. What is the deal with the quality loss and is there anything I can do to fix the problem. I didn't think there was a difference between cable and satellite and have never had these problems with cable in the past.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Daniel De

Daniel De

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted August 02 2004 - 08:36 AM

Time to get the cable company out to check everything between the source connection and the wall outlet/TV

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   EricTownsend

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted August 03 2004 - 07:16 AM

I had the same issue with Adelphia cable and Dish. I originally signed up with Adelphia to get a good package deal with cable and high speed internet. Well, the cable picture was SO bad that I called Adelphia to check it out. They did.... Three times at my request... The picture quality problem was at its worst with local channels and the low sound volume was more pronounced with high channels. I was basically forced to switch to Dish because my locals were that bad.... The quality across all channels improved dramatically. Especially on my 57" TV. Most cable companies seem to compress their signals more than satellite. I'm not sure that this has as much to do with a bad PQ, but, there is definately a difference in my experience.
Sanyo PLV-Z3 PJ
114" Carada Criterion Series screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users