Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I just bought a new deck... How'd I do?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,767 posts

Posted July 18 2004 - 12:27 PM

I just bought a Clarion DXZ545MP for $130 shipped. I dont have it yet... should be here in a couple days. I have 2001 Golf, and Im sick of toting around a book of 200 CDs.. I want MP3 capability. I have no interest in spending big bucks on my car audio... it all goes to the HT. I just want simplicity in the car. Ill be using the stock speakers. Im gonna pull the stock deck, and keep it for when I sell the car. Anyone have any opinions on this unit, even though its too late to get something else. Posted Image

http://www.clarion.c....duct=DXZ545MP#

#2 of 5 Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted July 18 2004 - 01:38 PM

I've always wondered about these threads. "Not much into car audio, only spent $130, I'll be using the stock speakers.. how will it do?" Posted Image Just breakin ya bawwz.

It'll be functional, and it has aux input.. if you want to plug an adapter into that for a future iPod. Good luck with the install. Posted Image

#3 of 5 brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted July 19 2004 - 01:14 AM

Looks like a great deal on a nice unit. Has all the basic without the cool features. It the kind of unit I'd buy!

Install should be pretty simple. Do VWs still use a DIN opening or have they changed it?

Love the Ipod idea since it's a great way to carry 300 CDs with you.

Brent

#4 of 5 StephenHa

StephenHa

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted July 19 2004 - 10:37 AM

clairion is a great hu

#5 of 5 David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted July 24 2004 - 03:17 AM

not bad price and definitely functional. You could use more EQ options but it works for you.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...