What's new

I just bought a new deck... How'd I do? (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I just bought a Clarion DXZ545MP for $130 shipped. I dont have it yet... should be here in a couple days. I have 2001 Golf, and Im sick of toting around a book of 200 CDs.. I want MP3 capability. I have no interest in spending big bucks on my car audio... it all goes to the HT. I just want simplicity in the car. Ill be using the stock speakers. Im gonna pull the stock deck, and keep it for when I sell the car. Anyone have any opinions on this unit, even though its too late to get something else. ;)

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/i...duct=DXZ545MP#

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I've always wondered about these threads. "Not much into car audio, only spent $130, I'll be using the stock speakers.. how will it do?" ;) Just breakin ya bawwz.

It'll be functional, and it has aux input.. if you want to plug an adapter into that for a future iPod. Good luck with the install. :emoji_thumbsup:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a great deal on a nice unit. Has all the basic without the cool features. It the kind of unit I'd buy!

Install should be pretty simple. Do VWs still use a DIN opening or have they changed it?

Love the Ipod idea since it's a great way to carry 300 CDs with you.

Brent

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
not bad price and definitely functional. You could use more EQ options but it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks