Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
Title: Spider-Man 2

Tagline: There's a hero in all of us.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Sam Raimi

Cast: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Alfred Molina, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Donna Murphy, Dylan Baker, Daniel Gillies, Bill Nunn, Vanessa Ferlito, Aasif Mandvi, Willem Dafoe, Cliff Robertson, Ted Raimi, Elizabeth Banks, Bruce Campbell, Gregg Edelman, Elya Baskin, Mageina Tovah, Daniel Dae Kim, Joel McHale, Kelly Connell, Jason Fiore-Ortiz, Andy Bale, Christine Estabrook, Hal Sparks, Stan Lee, Brent Briscoe, Emily Deschanel, Scott Spiegel, Molly Cheek, John Paxton, Joy Bryant, Joanne Baron, Peter McRobbie, Timothy Jerome, Taylor Gilbert, Peter Vouras, Donnell Rawlings, Zachry Rogers, Ella Rogers, Louis Lombardi, Marc John Jefferies, Roshon Fegan, Brendan Patrick Connor, Reed Diamond, Dan Callahan, Elyse Dinh, John Landis, Tim Storms, Susie Park, Tricia Peters, Michael Edward Thomas, Anne Betancourt, Venus Lam, Bill E. Rogers, Joe Virzi, Tom Carey, Jopaul Van Epp, Weston Epp, Peter Allas, Brianna Brown, Bill Calvert, Tony Campisi, Joey Diaz, Chloe Dykstra, Simone Gordon, Dan Hicks, Julia Max, Savannah Pope, Timothy Patrick Quill, Jill Sayre, Rickey G. Williams, Michael Arthur, Frank Bonsangue, Cindy Cheung, Phil LaMarr, Calvin Dean, Andre M. Johnson, Peter Cincotti, Peyton List, Spencer List, Troy Metcalf, Scott Ross, Bonnie Somerville, Wesley Volcy, Lou Volpe, Garrett Warren

Release: 2004-06-25

Runtime: 127

Plot: Peter Parker is going through a major identity crisis. Burned out from being Spider-Man, he decides to shelve his superhero alter ego, which leaves the city suffering in the wake of carnage left by the evil Doc Ock. In the meantime, Parker still can't act on his feelings for Mary Jane Watson, a girl he's loved since childhood. A certain anger begins to brew in his best friend Harry Osborn as well...

Saw the movie tonight and I loved it (if you were a fan of the first film, I don't think you will be dissapointed). I'd like to write a review and start off the review thread, but I'm pretty tired right now, I'll most likely write it tomorrow. But I will leave you with this: I LOVED IT!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Man, I have gotta see this movie when it comes out! I can't wait to see this in an all stadium seating and DTS theater! :emoji_thumbsup:

Did you guys know that EVERY SINGLE review for Spider-Man 2 listed on Rotten Tomatoes so far has been positive? :eek:

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
It is rather early to make any solid predictions, but with the excellent reviews this is getting could this film have a decent shot at Oscar nominations? Not just the effects ones, but stuff like Screenplay, Picture, Directing, and Actors. If movies like The Fugitive, Star Wars, and the LOTR series can get nominations, why not a comic book movie?

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I'll be at the Loews Boston Common theater. Fandangoed me some tickets for tonights midnight showing. Is anyone else going to be there? Or for that matter, is there anyone else crazy enough to go see a mid week, midnight, showing???
Any other movies this summer going to be worth it...?

Bourne, The Village, etc...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There is a very positive review for the movie in today's New York Times. The review says the film is "vibrant, intelligent and sincere popular filmmaking" and goes on to say that moviegoers in the summer of 2004 need Spider-Man, since we have been "brutalized by dumb, loud and cynical blockbusters." Its a great review; check it out.

I have to say it is refreshing to read this, after seeing negative reviews for every summer film (except Shrek 2) since early May.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Sadly, I'm THAT guy for Spidey 2.

You know, the guy that can't see it tonight, OR tomorrow. I have to wait until Thursday night to see it with family, and it's KILLING ME!!!!

But, no worries. Sounds like the movie is worth the wait :D

Take care,
Chuck

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll go see the midnight showing tonight. I'm going to be pretty useless at work tomorrow (what else is new?).

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
I just love this quote from Ebert, who's print review is now up at the Sun Times website...

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
I am. :D

Purchased my tickets via Fandango Sunday morning. Just got back from picking them up and will be at tonight's 12:01am showing with the kids.

:emoji_thumbsup:

John Doran

Screenwriter
i like this review; it mirrors my sentiments almost exactly.

it's funny how personal preference works: i couldn't disgaree more with almost all of the negatives James B describes in his review.

oh well. vive la difference.....

Ramon O. Valera

Stunt Coordinator
James B. said that it's not better than HULK.....Wha....Who? Hulk was ok, and so far everyone is saying that Spidey 2 rocks. We'll see tonight.

-Ramon

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I think there were more than a few reviewers and viewers who had a high opinion of HULK. Having screened it just last week for three people that had never seen it, they all loved it and complimented it on not being a "typical comic book movie."

Rich H

Second Unit
I noticed the %100 fresh rating at rottentomatoes as well.
I'm wondering if any other film has done that before. I seem to remember the last LOTR came close.

Rich.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
The unanimous praise this movie is getting is making me crazy in the pants. It is such a rare thing to have a movie this well received in this genre. I, for one, couldn't be happier. Now normally, I would be a bit guarded that the hype could not be lived up to. In this case, I say the hell with it. Bring it on.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
It's down to 94% now at RottenTomatoes.

FYI, Here are the top 25 movies at RT all with 100%, followed by the number of reviews:

Toy Story 2,111
Bus 174,66
The Taste of Others,58
The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night,56
Amadeus,46
The Sweet Hereafter,46
The Godfather,45
Alien,42
Rear Window,42
The Wizard of Oz,42
Battle of Algiers,42
The Third Man,41
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,41
Psycho,38
This Is Spinal Tap,37
Blood Simple,37
Apocalypse Now,36
Sunset Boulevard,35
Sense and Sensibility,35
Vertigo,34
Toy Story,33
Singin' in the Rain,32
Taxi Driver,32
The Player,32
Casablanca,31
(More available here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt_year.php)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks