Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Problems with DVDs from Manufacturer:DVDL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Charles Ms

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 03:06 AM

All my recent DVDs from Docurama (e.g. "The Weather Underground") and Fantoma (e.g. "Tigrero") have one thing in common they won't play ("This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc.") on my Panasonic A360 player.

After investigating i noticed that they all share one characteristic, they were manufactured by a company called "DVDL" (=pressed on the DVD's inner ring), DVD Direct, Ltd. ?

Has anyone else had problems with this discs ?

What does this company different ?

p.s.: All this DVDs play fine on my laptop (WinDVD) !?

ETHELINE(hesitates) Well, I don’t know, exactly. But I think he’s been very depressed --
MARGOT(urgently) So am I.
ETHELINE(pause) So are you what?

#2 of 8 Charles Ms

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 03:06 AM

All my recent DVDs from Docurama (e.g. "The Weather Underground") and Fantoma (e.g. "Tigrero") have one thing in common they won't play ("This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc.") on my Panasonic A360 player.

After investigating i noticed that they all share one characteristic, they were manufactured by a company called "DVDL" (=pressed on the DVD's inner ring), DVD Direct, Ltd. ?

Has anyone else had problems with this discs ?

What does this company different ?

p.s.: All this DVDs play fine on my laptop (WinDVD) !?

ETHELINE(hesitates) Well, I don’t know, exactly. But I think he’s been very depressed --

#3 of 8 Kelly Grannell

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 11:24 AM

Have you checked the region setting? Maybe your DVD player can not play that particular regions?

#4 of 8 Charles Ms

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
Have you checked the region setting?

Yes, of course. My player is practically a R1 Player since nearly 80% of my 700+ collection are from that region.

That's why i was bothered - but maybe the player is giving up (on DVDL's "different"? mastering) after over 4 years - because the two mentioned DVDs play fine on a friend's Toshiba player.

#5 of 8 Kelly Grannell

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 11:24 AM

Have you checked the region setting? Maybe your DVD player can not play that particular regions?

#6 of 8 Charles Ms

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted June 21 2004 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
Have you checked the region setting?

Yes, of course. My player is practically a R1 Player since nearly 80% of my 700+ collection are from that region.

That's why i was bothered - but maybe the player is giving up (on DVDL's "different"? mastering) after over 4 years - because the two mentioned DVDs play fine on a friend's Toshiba player.

#7 of 8 Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 02:33 AM

I sell electronics, and I've experienced the same problem with some Panasonic players. In addition, older RCA units won't play a 2 layer gold disc.

Bob Engleman

#8 of 8 Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 02:33 AM

I sell electronics, and I've experienced the same problem with some Panasonic players. In addition, older RCA units won't play a 2 layer gold disc.

Bob Engleman

Forum Nav Content I Follow