What's new

Problems with DVDs from Manufacturer:DVDL (1 Viewer)

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator
All my recent DVDs from Docurama (e.g. "The Weather Underground") and Fantoma (e.g. "Tigrero") have one thing in common they won't play ("This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc.") on my Panasonic A360 player.

After investigating i noticed that they all share one characteristic, they were manufactured by a company called "DVDL" (=pressed on the DVD's inner ring), DVD Direct, Ltd. ?

Has anyone else had problems with this discs ?

What does this company different ?

p.s.: All this DVDs play fine on my laptop (WinDVD) !?

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator
All my recent DVDs from Docurama (e.g. "The Weather Underground") and Fantoma (e.g. "Tigrero") have one thing in common they won't play ("This type of disc cannot be played. Please insert a different disc.") on my Panasonic A360 player.

After investigating i noticed that they all share one characteristic, they were manufactured by a company called "DVDL" (=pressed on the DVD's inner ring), DVD Direct, Ltd. ?

Has anyone else had problems with this discs ?

What does this company different ?

p.s.: All this DVDs play fine on my laptop (WinDVD) !?

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, of course. My player is practically a R1 Player since nearly 80% of my 700+ collection are from that region.

That's why i was bothered - but maybe the player is giving up (on DVDL's "different"? mastering) after over 4 years - because the two mentioned DVDs play fine on a friend's Toshiba player.

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, of course. My player is practically a R1 Player since nearly 80% of my 700+ collection are from that region.

That's why i was bothered - but maybe the player is giving up (on DVDL's "different"? mastering) after over 4 years - because the two mentioned DVDs play fine on a friend's Toshiba player.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
I sell electronics, and I've experienced the same problem with some Panasonic players. In addition, older RCA units won't play a 2 layer gold disc.

Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
I sell electronics, and I've experienced the same problem with some Panasonic players. In addition, older RCA units won't play a 2 layer gold disc.

Bob Engleman

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks