What's new

Can't get sound to play on my AV receiver!! (1 Viewer)

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, here's my problem. I just got my new 51" sony HDTV today and I want to be able to hear just the standard sattelite sound out of my surround sound setup. I ran an audio cable from my TV sound out to the video 1 sound-in feed of my onkyo receiver. i have cable and only watch satellite for HBO and nfl ticket.

now my sony has 2 different sound-outs. the 2nd one says variable/fixed next to it. now i know what that means but i'm still having problems.

when i put my tv into video 1 (which is where i have my sattelite going to via s-video and RCA sound cables) my receiver on video 1 doesn't produce any sound for the sattelite. it still shoots out the cable sound which is NOT what is showing onscreen. now i did get sound to come through for sattelite but i had to first turn off the speakers on my TV (which i dont' want to have to do everytime) then adjust the volume using the variable/fixed options.

please help!! how can i get the sound for my sattelite to play out of my TV and surround sound system at the same time!!

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Connect your satellite receiver not your TV to your A/V receiver. I'm not sure why if you have an audio setup you'd *EVER* want to use your TV speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks