What's new

Why does Adire charge shipping.... (1 Viewer)

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
on their drivers, & acoustic-visions does "not" charge shipping on Adire drivers???
And yes, they are sold for $150.00 at both sites.

EDIT: added the word "not"....lol

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Think about it, it's really not that complicated......

There's a retail price and shipping is added to that price. Pretty standard business practice, don't ya think?

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
I purchased from creativesounds.ca and shipping was included with the retail price. I was quite happy because I expected to pay shipping on top of the retail price. I paid $200 CND total and was thrilled with the price/performance from the Tempest. I think down the road I'm gonna buy another Tempest and make a Dual enclosure similar to SVS's PB2+ just because I want some overkill :).

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

No...Adire & Acoustic-Visions BOTH sell the Tempest
for $150.00!!

Adire charges ADDITIONAL shipping on top of the $150.00.

Acoustic-Vision sells & ships for $150.00...FREE SHIPPING

AND....I have emailed Adire TWICE about an order & have YET to get a reply!!!

minhG

Stunt Coordinator
because kyle at acoustic-visions want's you to buy from him, duh! and honestly, adire does not want to undercut their dealer network.

kyle sometimes has it drop-shipped directly from adire too. this was a no brainer for me, i bought it from acoustic-visions!

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
Your original post may have caused some confusion among readers:

"...acoustic-visions does charge shipping on Adire drivers..."

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
First get a grip, or a life ...... :rolleyes

Then pick up the phone and call 425-778-WOOF (425-778-9663) or use their online sales system. If you want immediate gratification and are interested in saving the shipping costs, buy from Kyle.

Note that retail sales to Joe 6 pack isn't Adire's primary source of income, that's why they have a dealer network.

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
You decide not to use the dealer network that Adire has setup then you pay more. The network is there so that Adire has more time for things other than retail sales. Time = money. Sounds pretty simple to me.

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
Huh?

Adire makes money either way, they don't care if you buy it from them or their dealers.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Kyle is out of the Tempest until mid June....as is Adire.
Just got off the phone with Chris at Adire & had
everything taken care of quite well!

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
AV123 has no dealer network and is an internet only based company. Due to this the company itself has a number of people who mostly do sales and answer e-mails.

Adire has a dealer network and does most of their work away from internet in the audio industry. Due to this they don't have as many people who do sales and answer e-mails, but have over 100 dealers who will help you.

Two completely different company setups. You can not expect the same results be dealing with the company directly.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Its funny.....everybody talks about Adireaudio.com & their
drivers.
So, I go to their website & order a driver, along with
other items.

Only reason I found about acoustic-visions is because, once again, they were mentioned on this board, but, it was AFTER
I ordered from Adire. Imagine my surprise when i find out I
could have saved $XX if I had bought the Adire driver from
ANYBODY, other than Adire....makes perfect sense to me.

How is one to know that they are such a huge company, with
dealers across the world. I didn't explore their website until it was brought to my attention. Funny such a huge company can't even send out a confirmation email to those that order from them, though...:frowning:

Dan Hine

Screenwriter

You were going to spend a few hundred $$ and you didn't even explore their website? Brave man you are.;) Adire will not let you down if you contact them through other channels (like you ended up doing). And as Brian said, AV123 and Adire Audio have completely different business models. If Adire responded as promptly to EVERY email they got as quick as AV123 then they would not get down what pays their bills...that is dealing with LARGE companies for LARGE volumes of drivers and designs. Everyone loves having the kick ass drivers for good prices. If you want the goods ya gotta deal with the system.

- Dan

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Well lets see, yep, definitely not a good business plan to answer emails promtly....you have a point

One would think such a LARGE company could afford, & possible have the business savvy, to have a bank of
employees to screen & answer "some" emails. Mine surely
were not technical in nature.

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
You heard good things so you bought. Great job. Research before you buy next time. It isn't Adire's fault. Countless other people have figured it out just fine. This post has nothing to do with research FYI. It is just one giant complaint because you feel like you were ripped off.

Acoustic-Visions and the rest of the dealer network is on the Adire page. It's directly in the middle of the page. Big button that says DEALERS.

You failed to research the company BEFORE buying and that is why you lost money. The BEFORE buying part is a vital part of the research process. Without understanding before you go pressing the checkout button people will take more of your money.

I've dealt with AV123, I've dealt with Adire directly, and I've dealt with Adire's dealer network. I've never had a problem because I made sure I knew what I was doing before buying.

Not every company answers e-mails within a day. Two work days is typical and understandable. If your expectations are different then don't buy over the internet. Use the phone.

A confirmation e-mail is not typical, however a UPS tracking number is. Once the product has shipped or is in UPS's computer then UPS sends the tracking number. This serves as your confirmation e-mail. It may take up to two days. Adire uses this system. Most of their dealer network does also to the best of my knowledge.

If you don't want to wait for two days to have a confirmation then call. It seems like you may need to be a person who calls. Picking up the phone helped this time and I hope you take the same course of action sooner next time.

Next time you might look at each of the dealers and see which ones are having sales. The sales often happen at different times with different dealers.

(Admin note - last comment snipped. No need to add to the antagonism, folks).

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Cam, some of these guys are a bit rough on you. You didn't complain loudly or rudely and you remained respectful, as opposed to JWJ's inexcusably immature comments. Thomas, I was very surprised at your comment.
Sorry Cam, the "advice" given to you could have been much more respectful, but I guess that's the internet and its lack of real-life personal interaction.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Everyone, please ratchet down the antagonism. Obviously Cam's expectations with online ordering weren't met to his satisfaction, but there's no need to escalate the animosity. There's a more courteous manner to explain what's going on without being mean about the situation which would also shed some light for Cam. If you can't offer help on this issue, please move on to another topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks