What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Anyone getting Nip/Tuck Season 1? (1 Viewer)

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked this show a lot and am looking forward to its release on 06/15. Anyone else?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Pete: It's a really good show. They air it unedited, which in its small way, endeared me to the show. More than that, the acting is superb, and the writers craft excellent dialogue. It's got a lot of emotion, but at the same time is unflinching when it comes to the surgery. They show everything, and there's some parts that will turn you off of certain parts of the anatomy often chosen for enhancement. Definitely not for the faint of heart. If you can stand watching any surgery show on TLC or discovery, then you can stand this.

That being said, I've got this on pre-order, and I can't wait until it gets here. The DVDs come out 6/15, and the Season 2 premiere is exactly a week later. I'm really digging the year-round schedule the networks (particularly the Fox family of channels) are implementing. I know it keeps me watching.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
Julian McMahon was on the Ellen Degeneres show today and everyone in the audience got a free copy of Season 1. Lucky bastards. They broke street date too. ;)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Cool... thanks for the info Jesse... I never really watched the surgery shows on TLC or Discovery.. but being a big horror movie fan I am sure the gore will not be a factor for me. :)

Wow! they are Lucky Bastards! but hey!... I have a birthday coming monday so expecting a slew of free dvds myself :D I already received one early birthday gift today... and this gift blew me away! a very good friend of mine went in halfs with another friend of mine and they got me...

X-Files: Season 7!!! :D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the set over the past few days and it's really nice. The picture is good, a little bit of grain in some parts, but good. I haven't touched the extras yet.

Gord

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Has anyone else noticed some weird "comb-like" effects during scene cuts on this set?

I'm viewing these discs on a Philips set to interlaced, which is feeding a 36" 4:3 direct view set. In many cases, whenever there's a shot change (i.e., from one person to another having a conversation), I can see what looks liek combing. I decided to step through a few of the instances, and what I found was in every case there was a frame that had *both* shots intermingled. Does that make sense?

It sucks because it's very distracting. I don't recall seeing this on the first few episodes, so maybe that's why some of the reviews didn't mention it. I've seen in on episodes 7, 8 and 9 on disc 3. Could this be a disc issue?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Has anyone else noticed some weird "comb-like" effects during scene cuts on this set?

I'm viewing these discs on a Philips set to interlaced, which is feeding a 36" 4:3 direct view set. In many cases, whenever there's a shot change (i.e., from one person to another having a conversation), I can see what looks liek combing. I decided to step through a few of the instances, and what I found was in every case there was a frame that had *both* shots intermingled. Does that make sense?

It sucks because it's very distracting. I don't recall seeing this on the first few episodes, so maybe that's why some of the reviews didn't mention it. I've seen in on episodes 7, 8 and 9 on disc 3. Could this be a disc issue?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm.....I can't say I noticed that problem, and I watched them all over a couple of days.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm.....I can't say I noticed that problem, and I watched them all over a couple of days.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks