-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung DVD HD841

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 08:45 AM

Just curious as to whether anyone heard/read anything about this soon to be released player? I presume it is the successor to the HD931. Here's what the specs are (pay specific attention to the last line...absolutely ridiculous!!!):

Delivering cinema-quality DVD playback, the DVDHD841 uses a fully digital process to provide high-definition 1080i, 768p and 720p signals. It’s ideal for getting the most out of your HD-quality TV and existing DVD titles, and it offers increased audio capabilities.

720p/768p/1080i resolution conversion from DVD discs

Super Audio CD (SACD) and DVD-Audio compatible

Opens up a vast library of DVD material for HDTV

DVI video output with cable

EZ View letter box eliminator

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#2 of 5 Page Ferrell

Page Ferrell

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 09:09 AM

If you go here:

Samsung 941/841 Thread at AVS Forum

you'll probably get a lot of information about the two new Samsung players coming out soon. Amazon.com also lists them on their web-site, with spec's, as coming soon.

Page

#3 of 5 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 09:40 AM

Page,

Great...thanks for the info!
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#4 of 5 Page Ferrell

Page Ferrell

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, Ron. I basically know next to nothing, but am good at learning where to find information...Posted Image

- Page

#5 of 5 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 10:03 AM

Well, some of those guys talk WAY over my head, so I just skim for the points I want to know about. The player itself sounds very interesting indeed. I'm curious to see what the reviews are like.