DVI to Component Connections

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by G-Fresh, Apr 22, 2007.

1. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

Hello,
    I have a Mitsubishi WS-65411 HDTV and a Samsung HD841 dvd player. The Dvd player is upconverting via DVI-D but the TV only has component inputs. I have been trying to find out if there is a way to get a DVI-D to component cable and if that would work. Or if there was some type of converter or other device that would allow my dvds to be upconverted.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    Robert

2. leafswillwin

leafswillwin Stunt Coordinator

3. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

I will give this a try. Thanks John!

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Let us know how this works.

My concern is that the up-converting devices only work with DVI/HDMI outputs because Hollywood requires that copy-protection be built in (which is part of the DVI spec).

This is why you wont find any up-converting devices that pump the signal out the component jacks.

Those little adapters may work for a computer signal, but wont re-assure the DVD player that you dont have a recorder attached. It may appear to work - but you will only get 480p (and you may as well just hook to the component outputs on the DVD player for this).

5. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Auditioning

I tried this and alas it didn't work. I connected the adapter to the dvd player and then the tv and no signal came through. Another user pointed me to a website called videohelp.com. This site has a section called dvd hacks. I was able to find my model number in that section and read up on what was available. They had a code that made the player HDCP free. It worked! Now I am able to upconvert over component cables. Check out that site and see if it has a hack for your player.