What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 23 - 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Well Saunders is in custody, Clohe is still annoying as ever.

Will Kim and Chase live happily ever after? Will Jack kill a bunch more people? Will Tony catch hell for taking Saunders daughter out of the building?

Is Teri really dead?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Well, the commericals that were running Sunday offered some interesting information:

2 will not survive the hour...
??!!!

John Watson

Screenwriter
Will Sherry get infected? That would be good.

:D

I'm still betting there's an antidote to be found. Help for the poor bastards who have been exposed.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I'll spoiler this just in case.
Well, she had it coming.

She manipulated and manipulated until she finally manipulated a psychopath.

And it came back to haunt her.

John Watson

Screenwriter
The sock on the jaw was good, but then they topped that!

But looks like Mr Super Terrorist has a soft spot.

From an old song "The subway is NOT the underground"

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
YES! YES!

THE BITCH IS DEAD! (For the reacord, I was saying, "Please shoot. Please shoot" while she had the gun up. Then it was, "ah come on" when she lowered it.

Whoa what a great hour of tv. This episode may have saved the season in my eyes. Damn that was great.

Homicide then suicide.
Palmer must have horseshoe up his @$$.

Can't wait to see how it ends.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I looked at last week's episode on my Tivo before I watched this one and I don't know if anyone's noticed it w/ Ford being a huge sponsor, but have you noticed that Ford = "good guys" and Chevy = "bad guys".

Also, w/ regard to this week's episode, Sherry must be some contortionist to tape a prescription bottle to the cleft of her back.

Also, I would rather have Sherry live to wallow in defeat. I know it's only TV, but it's hard to rejoice in anyone's (especially a non-violent woman) violent and untimely demise - even if it is at the hands of another woman. I sorta felt like Sherry being sucker punched by the theif was "punishment" enough.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Sherry was a non violent woman in theory, yet was responsible for a mans death and also for helping to smuggle a nuke into the country.

She had it coming.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Great episode! My wife and I both said "Die, bitch!" at the same time.

Good point about the missing people that they were looking for earlier. And what about the people in the hotel? How many are dead now at noon time. Gee, it must be on the noon time news.;) My only gripe about the show is too many loose ends, but, damn, this has been an enjoyable last few hours.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I watched this episode after missing like what, 5 hours. Anyways it didn't suck as much as it did before. However, I still think the show has lost its edge stylistically - come on more splitscreen stuff.

Otherwise, it was an okay episode, nothing great. Did anybody else find Brad's speech to Tony a little funny. Tony seems to have done what Jack did in the last two seasons and for the begining of this one, and only Tony gets criminal charges laid against him. I guess Jack can do anything he wants.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Did anyone else groan when Wayne just had to sob and get his fingerprints all over his girl's body after she shot herself?

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Re: Tony

Not if he still had his rubber gloves on...:D

Re: Saunders

Had a lot of fun tonight watching Stephen have a nervous breakdown while they dragged Janey toward certain doom, until of course he collapsed like a house of cards. Looks like it's open season on virus couriers across the land, but as expected it's gonna come down to "one last threat", for Jack to overcome. We'd better have something a little more suspenseful next week than "Chase, GENTLY pull the wire"...

Re: Chloe

She has actually grown on me quite a bit with her deft computer skills and blunt manner. Here's hoping this actress gets a raise and promotion to the main cast next season, as she's just unpredictable enough to keep me watching...

Re: Kim

Well, all you Kim-haters from season 2 have no reason to be upset this year. Take tonight, for instance. All we got was ONE SHOT of Kim looking over her shoulder as Tony was brought in while in the handcuffs. Barring the Jane impersonation, this has been par for the course for Kim all season, and I'm starting to wonder if Elisha Cuthbert is really happy with her position on the show. If she's not, write this down: Kim WILL die next week. However, if Kim's only purpose next week is to find Jack, hug him at the end, and say "I love you daddy", then I'll laugh my ass off, cause at least she's getting paid well for so little work...

Finally, Re: The End

I'm betting next week will be a little more than the "Jack Bauer Bomb Defusion Hour", as something HUGE will happen to close the season with a bang. Let's look at some ideas:

1. Saunders and/or his daughter will die.

2. Palmer will either announce his resignation or sell his soul to the devil to remain President.

3. Tony MAY die a hero's death as a form of redemption for his "treason".

4. A slew of "masterminds" will reveal themselves as working behind the scenes to enable Saunders to help get revenge. They include Kate and Marie Warner, Mike Novic, The Vice President, The Cougar, Lonnie(the guy in the cabin), Miguel(Kim's old boyfriend), and of course everyone's favorite lesbian assassin, Mandy(who I think COULD be the mother of Chase's baby.) All will be captured and/or killed.

5. When all is said and done, we will see "The Guy On The Boat" and "Operations From 'La Femme Nikita'" talking it all over on their cell phones, dreaming up their next master plan after Saunders' failure...:D

Joe Woj

Agent
Speaking of Kate and Marie Warner...was there any reason why they were wrote off the show this season? I can understand Marie since her character is probably in jail somewhere, but what about Kate? Did the actress who played her not wanna be part of the show or something?

John Watson

Screenwriter
Wayne really wasn't cut out for that type of sleazy work - he couldn't get Milliken's wife off the phone when they saw Sherry leaving, I was sure he'd leave his jacket on the couch on the way out, he broke some dishes or something, then he keeps screaming at the pro that we have to "get out" :)

But the dissatisfaction with the motivation and action of Saunders is getting to me : he crumbles over the daughter, who he has been a stranger to, who he left living in LA even while he is releasing the virus there, does not add up.

His speech to Jack was childish, and then he throws a plan to save the world away for the sake of one person? Not credible for the psychopathic mindermast he has been passed off as for too many episodes.

Anyway, was the vial (the last one) not programmed to release at noon? The first couple of seconds of the last hour are going to be tense, or they need that antidote!

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Sherry's place doesn't have an alarm/security system? Okay.

The Jane/hotel bit was tense but otherwise I thought it was simply a so-so episode. I knew the guy by the map in the subway was a ruse - there's still an hour to go! and the Sherry stuff was melodramatic and a bit silly. I really hope this is the end of Palmer and we don't get the political angle next season. I'm still confused about Saunders and what he really wanted. I'm not sure his change of heart, even for his estranged daughter, flew.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The writers originally planned for the woman in Mexico to be a much larger presence this year, which is why they shuffled Kate to the side early. However, the actress got another job offer and was only signed as a guest star, so they had to improvise. Not that I'm complaining; giving Jack a girlfriend would take away from his near-psychopathic focus, which is part of what we watch the show for.

And I have to admit, I felt a little sorry for Sherry when she died. Like Nina, she'd painted herself into a corner from which there was no escape, but in her twisted way, she still loved David. One could see where she was coming from and why she did what she did, even if one couldn't approve of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks