What's new

Early Details - "ELF" (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Director and actor Jon Favreau has started talking about the upcoming disc release of his blockbuster holiday film Elf. The DVD, part of New Line's Infinifilm line of special editions, will include "Beyond-the-Movie" extras such as audio commentary tracks, loads of deleted footage, multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes, storyboards, "kid-friendly" material and more. In addition, look for the disc specs to feature anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround audio tracks. Elf will be available in the fourth quarter, in time for the Christmas shopping season.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Glad to see New Line is giving a very good film a deserved special edition (could we expect any less from them). It's fitting to release it around Novemeber and it tiem for X-Mas, but that's nearly a year to when it was released in theaters, quite a long turn around time even for a largely successful film. Either way, they should do the film justice with their Infinifilm treatment.

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad it's getting some good extras. I was pleasantly surprised by the film when I saw it, quite funny (and clean,) so, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up buying it.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Holy cow, I just realized this movie wasn't out on DVD yet. I wonder why it's taking so long. I guess a X-Mas movie just wouldn't sell good after the holidays.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
[Keanu]Whoa...[/Keanu]

In a day and age when DVDs are seemingly released weeks after a theatrical run ends (and in the case of LoTR, sometimes DURING a run), this really strikes me as odd. Will this be nearly a year from theater to DVD? I feel like I'm back in the 80s! ;) :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it happens quite a lot for holiday movies. The studios think - probably correctly - that a Christmas-oriented flick will sell better if it streets in November than in June. Among others, Grinch and Santa Clause 2 also waited about a year for their DVD releases.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
I think I'm the only person that hated this movie. I thought Will Ferrell ruled the free world. Then I saw Elf, and now I can't stand the guy.

Ah well, love it or not, a great DVD is a great DVD.

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
So wait, you would buy this movie, a movie you hated, and turned a favourite actor into someone you 'can't stand' purely on the strength of the DVD?

Maybe its just me, but that makes no sense.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
No no, not at all. I wouldn't buy it. What I was commenting on was the fact that it sounds like it's going to be a loaded DVD, and I'm happy to see a movie, ANY movie NOT get a bare bones release.

So I was merely praising the fact that it's getting a good release, even though I didn't like the film.

Hope that clarifies:)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Full disc specs:

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
4:3 Full Screen Presentation
Infinifilm Fact Track for Elf
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
English Dolby 2.0 Surround Track
Spanish Dolby 2.0 Surround Track
Two Audio Commentaries with Director & Will Ferrell
Film School for Kids Featurette
Tag along with Will Ferrell Featurette
How they made the North Pole Featurette
Kids on Christmas Featurette
Selection of Elf Deleted Scenes
Elf Karaoke & Read-Along Story
Elf Decoder Card and More
Buddy's Adventure Game
DVD-ROM Features: Weblink Etc
English, Spanish Subtitles

And artwork can be viewed here

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the specs have changed because what Patrick is mentioning and what Tom has mentioned are different. What dvdfile has mentioned is different too but more inline with what Patrick has mentioned. So who is right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks