Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

for a music CDR, inkjet printable dig audio CDR's? Do they exist?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Judy Y

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted May 02 2004 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone know where to get digital audio CDR's that are inkjet printable?? I have searched and searched and can only find them for computer cd rewritable drives.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Judy

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted May 02 2004 - 12:37 PM

Memorex makes the only ones that I have seen, as I have a spindle on my desk. You need an inkjet printer that has the function to print directly onto the disc itself, I think Epson has a model, them or Lexmark. You put the disc in a cartridge and it loads through the back of the printer and feeds straight through to the front and under the ink heads, printing on the discs surface. I do not have a printer that does this, but we sell them at work. I simply bought these discs because it would allow me to put personalized artwork of my making on them directly. Little did I know the surface of them does not really like markers or pens, as it somehow dries them up quickly.
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JohanD

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted May 03 2004 - 05:06 AM

Can't you use standard CD-R's in a set-top cd recorder? I have only used PC based, but have had experience printing on CDR's.