Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Far Cry Demo problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted March 24 2004 - 07:25 PM

Even though i hear this game requires a lot of power in the case, i decided to give the demo a try...

My system specs:
Athlon XP1700+
512MB
Windows XP Pro
Geforce 2 GTS 32MB (Newest Drivers, 56.-something) Posted Image

I set up all the graphical settings at low, lowest resolution (i play games for the game, not the graphics.. thats my excuse Posted Image )

However, when i run it, I get this problem:
Everything that should be rendered, is just.. blue...
Though it looks as it runs smoothly when i move the mouse around... here's a screen of what it looks like:

Posted Image

Ideas?

#2 of 7 BrianShort

BrianShort

Supporting Actor

• 934 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 03:12 AM

I think it needs more than 32 megs of video ram. Your system is the same as mine, except I only have 256 megs of ram. I'm not going to even try it until I upgrade (2.8 ghz P4 and a 9800 Pro or something close to that). Plus, I hear upping some of the graphics all the way, such as the amount of foliage, really contributes to the gameplay Posted Image I wont play it until I can turn everything to high. There was a guy at the LCVG forums with a 9700 pro that has everything set to high, 4xAA and 8XAF and he says it's very smooth.

Brian

#3 of 7 JeffPh

JeffPh

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted April 03 2004 - 01:37 PM

Definately a video card definciency. 64 is really a minimum for any of the good games these days. On the bright side, it's a fairly cheap, easy upgrade.

#4 of 7 Trevor_J

Trevor_J

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to kind of veer off topic but is this game any good?
"Never underestimate the Powah of the Dahk Syhde..."

#5 of 7 Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 10:23 AM

Trevor: I played through the single player for about a week and enjoyed all of it. It's fairly open-ended for a FPS - you can go in shooting, go around back and jump the enemies, pick them off from a prone position in the bushes, or avoid them entirely.

It's also one of the longer FPS I've played, with a good number of levels. And on top of all that, it's gorgeous.

I didn't bother with the multiplayer portion, so I can't say anything about that, but I've heard nothing special about it, as opposed to the single player.

Athlon XP 2200+
1GB RAM
GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

ran it at 1024x768 pretty perfectly.

#6 of 7 Gwon Chang

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hey Nick,

I have the same specs as you, but with a GeForce FX5600 with 128mb and the demo actually runs ok for me. I hope to be picking this one up soon, as it sounds really fun.

You can read some good impressions of it here.
music
words

what star wars is to the fanboys, the fedora is to me.

#7 of 7 Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 02:57 AM

It ran great on my system:

P4-2.4
768RAM
Radeon 9800Pro

Lots of pretty eye candy. As others of mentioned, your video card is the weak link.