What's new

Far Cry Demo problem (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Even though i hear this game requires a lot of power in the case, i decided to give the demo a try...

My system specs:
Athlon XP1700+
512MB
Windows XP Pro
Geforce 2 GTS 32MB (Newest Drivers, 56.-something) :frowning:

I set up all the graphical settings at low, lowest resolution (i play games for the game, not the graphics.. thats my excuse :D )

However, when i run it, I get this problem:
Everything that should be rendered, is just.. blue...
Though it looks as it runs smoothly when i move the mouse around... here's a screen of what it looks like:

Ideas?

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I think it needs more than 32 megs of video ram. Your system is the same as mine, except I only have 256 megs of ram. I'm not going to even try it until I upgrade (2.8 ghz P4 and a 9800 Pro or something close to that). Plus, I hear upping some of the graphics all the way, such as the amount of foliage, really contributes to the gameplay :) I wont play it until I can turn everything to high. There was a guy at the LCVG forums with a 9700 pro that has everything set to high, 4xAA and 8XAF and he says it's very smooth.

Brian

JeffPh

Agent
Definately a video card definciency. 64 is really a minimum for any of the good games these days. On the bright side, it's a fairly cheap, easy upgrade.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Trevor: I played through the single player for about a week and enjoyed all of it. It's fairly open-ended for a FPS - you can go in shooting, go around back and jump the enemies, pick them off from a prone position in the bushes, or avoid them entirely.

It's also one of the longer FPS I've played, with a good number of levels. And on top of all that, it's gorgeous.

I didn't bother with the multiplayer portion, so I can't say anything about that, but I've heard nothing special about it, as opposed to the single player.

Athlon XP 2200+
1GB RAM
GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

ran it at 1024x768 pretty perfectly.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Nick,

I have the same specs as you, but with a GeForce FX5600 with 128mb and the demo actually runs ok for me. I hope to be picking this one up soon, as it sounds really fun.

You can read some good impressions of it here.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
It ran great on my system:

P4-2.4
768RAM
Radeon 9800Pro

Lots of pretty eye candy. As others of mentioned, your video card is the weak link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks