What's new

Where Do You Buy Most of Your DVD's?? (1 Viewer)

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
1.Deep Discount DVD (Probably the cheapest place to buy DVD's Free Shipping
2.Amazon.com (Sometimes they are cheaper on some DVD's and they sell used)
3.DVD Empire(Another great source and free shipping if you buy over 3)
4.Wal-Mart(If you can get them the week of release you stand a chance of getting a decent deal plus they have alot of $5.50 DVD's)
5.Best Buy (only in extreme emergency, their prices are outregeous-very close to full retail

Just another note of interest-Don't ever buy DVD's at Barnes & Nobel Bookstore unless you want to pay full retail

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Blockbuster (great for previously viewed DVDs as low as $4.99)
Wal-Mart (below normal retail, great for TV sets)
Amazon (great prices, free shipping, used)
Secondspin.com (great for used DVDs)
DVD Planet.com (another great site for discounted new DVDs)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Surprisingly, I'm finding local retailers with prices lower than Amazon.ca, which of course has lower prices than Amazon.com when accounting for exchange. I mainly buy at A&B Sound or London Drugs. Future Shop sometimes. Whoevers the lowest price. Future Shop is strange because the regular prices are absurdly high, but half the stock is always priced a third lower (they call it a sale), bringing them in line with other stores. I've had service issues in the past with A&B sound and Future Shop (I once flung a DVD across the store and walked out because I couldn't get cashier service despite the fact that they have 100 employees working at a time), but I have to buy somewhere. Of course, I refuse to step into Walmart because of the ownership and the idea of being in a room with the Bundy family x 100.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
1. Costco: for the mainstream DVDs releases
2. Amazon.ca: pre-order items especially for Criterion titles or obscure items that I know I won't be able to find anywhere else.
3. Future Shop/Best Buy: I do a price comparison before purchasing anything in these stores but sometimes I lucked out and find a hard to find title. An example is a Hichtcock Criterion box set I found at the Best Buy at a decent price couple of weeks ago.
4. Wal-Mart: this is just as a last resort.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
DVD Empire because they have good prices & I love their pre-order manager, it is a great piece of software. Plus I get my UPS shipped orders quickly.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Dvdempire for most pre-orders, using their discount coupons.
Deepdiscountdvd, especially for box-sets. I also remove individual titles from my dvdempire pre-order when Deepdiscount drops the price of the title on the day of it's release by 4 or 5 dollars.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Really? I buy most of my new releases at Best Buy.

Kill Bill $15.99 at Best Buy
Kill Bill $19.89 at deepdiscountdvd.com

I wouldn't buy an older DVD unless it was on sale there. Buy these days I usually buy DVDs during that first week of it's release. I used to buy online when I would get them before street dates but that changed and I changed with it.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
1. Wal-Mart. Always go there for new releases. They always have the lowest prices. Also go there for the bargain bin stuff.

2. Best Buy. Go there for the selection and sometimes for new releases.

3. Circuit City. Same as Best Buy.

4. Columbia House. Only for their sales.

5. Borders. For titles that even Best Buy or Circuit City don't carry. Such as some box sets and A&E TV Titles. The only draw-back is that they usually charge the full SRP on DVD's, but you can get it right there and not have to wait for something to be shipped.

For those who have bought used DVD's from Blockbuster or other Rental chains, I do have a question. Do the DVD's come with any kind of warranty or guarantee in case they don't play correctly?

Shawn C

Screenwriter

Yeah, they were one of the ones that was shipping the Duel DVD for a couple of days when it came out. That's where I got mine.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Deepdiscount.com for tv sets they usually have the best deals but not regular movies i think they or overpriced

regular movies
target
circuit city
best buy

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I mostly shop at Best Buy and Circuit City, with occasional visits to Wal-Mart and Target.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks