Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Blake's 7 Layer Change defect!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted March 10 2004 - 09:35 PM

Hey folks -

It would seem that there is a problem with the Blake's 7 set released just a week ago that I thought I'd pass along. On a great number of players, it seems that the B7 discs freeze, skip or lock up. Not all of them mind you, but quite a few.

(I would be one of the unlucky ones - my Malata DVP-520 skips at the layer change.)

I'd post the link where I found more information, but this stupid forum wont let me. So figure it out for yourselves:

If you want to email the BBC themeselves about the matter - send it here: support. bbcmultimedia@bbc. co. uk

#2 of 5 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted March 16 2004 - 12:24 AM

Disc 1 of my set froze at the layer change on my JVC 500 also. Fast forwarded through it. I guess it's good to know that it's the disc and not the player.

I've never had any problem including a link with my posts using the "http://" button; does this not work for you?
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#3 of 5 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted March 16 2004 - 06:44 AM

The button works fine, but after I hit 'submit', I get a screen saying that URLs are not allowed.

BTW - this is the mail that the BBC sent me:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us. We are investigating this matter and will contact you as soon as possible.

Your customer number is XYZ-123

If you need further assistance, please do not respond to this message, instead call our technical support staff at
the telephone number indicated on your DVD packaging.

A total non-answer, but better than the "It's your player, not the disc" that the Beeb was handing out a week after release.

#4 of 5 Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

• 1,809 posts

Posted March 17 2004 - 12:38 PM

I had the same problem but thought it was the old JVC XV-SA75 I was playing it on. I'll have to try it on the Philips 727.

#5 of 5 Mark J W

Mark J W

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 24 2004 - 06:38 PM

It has happened on my JVC on at least the first two, and if I remember right the third disk as well (I haven't gotten to the fourth yet...)
A brief moment on the FF button got me through it each time.
Annoying, but worth it to watch these again!