What's new

Blake's 7 Layer Change defect! (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hey folks -

It would seem that there is a problem with the Blake's 7 set released just a week ago that I thought I'd pass along. On a great number of players, it seems that the B7 discs freeze, skip or lock up. Not all of them mind you, but quite a few.

(I would be one of the unlucky ones - my Malata DVP-520 skips at the layer change.)

I'd post the link where I found more information, but this stupid forum wont let me. So figure it out for yourselves:

If you want to email the BBC themeselves about the matter - send it here: support. bbcmultimedia@bbc. co. uk

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Disc 1 of my set froze at the layer change on my JVC 500 also. Fast forwarded through it. I guess it's good to know that it's the disc and not the player.

I've never had any problem including a link with my posts using the "http://" button; does this not work for you?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
The button works fine, but after I hit 'submit', I get a screen saying that URLs are not allowed.

BTW - this is the mail that the BBC sent me:

A total non-answer, but better than the "It's your player, not the disc" that the Beeb was handing out a week after release.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I had the same problem but thought it was the old JVC XV-SA75 I was playing it on. I'll have to try it on the Philips 727.

Mark J W

Auditioning
It has happened on my JVC on at least the first two, and if I remember right the third disk as well (I haven't gotten to the fourth yet...)
A brief moment on the FF button got me through it each time.
Annoying, but worth it to watch these again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks