Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Inifinity Kappa Speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Shawn.G

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 03:09 PM

I am looking to buy new speakers, and I came across some Inifinity Kappas. I am looking at the Kappa 572.5cf. I heard this line of Infinities is top notch and a good deal for the money. Let me know. Thank you.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

• 4,466 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 05:31 PM

They are pretty good. I had Infinity References in my first system and they were pretty dynamic, noticed a lot of subtilties in the sound. Check out the prices on Focal and CDT, they'll give the Kappas a good run for their money.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Thomas_A

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted March 08 2004 - 02:20 AM

Please be sure to demo the Infinities. Too me the tweeters have a sound like they are in a tin can. When testing all the diff level of Infinity speakers- even home speakers- they did not handle the xylophone very well..started to distort at moderate levels...and sounded artificial. Of course this is from my experience....wich is why I said to audtion them prior to purchase. good luck

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   DipulP

• 14 posts

Posted March 26 2004 - 01:56 PM

Hey man, keep in mind the Kappa's like a lot of power. If you aren't going to be using an amplifier, you might be better off with the reference series. Like Thomas pointed out, make sure you listen to them.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Cody Payne

Cody Payne

• 8 posts

Posted March 27 2004 - 03:33 AM

i had the 60.5 components. i thought the tweeters were very harsh. im just not a fan of metal dome tweeters.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   BrianWH

• 39 posts

Posted March 28 2004 - 01:52 AM

I have the Kappa 692.5 2-ways, and I love them. They have amazing bass response and the tweeter complaint really is subjective. Some people just don't like a metal tweet. I'm not using a sub and I rarely feel I need one with these. I also have no external amp and have no problems driving them with my 50Wx4 Alpine. The only catch with these is their magnet size. They're too big to fit in tighter spaces. Brian

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Tyler Cookson

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 05:49 AM

I run the kappa perfects, they sound good for car speakers, but I prefer the sound of my polk LSi9's better in my home stereo. Look into the CDT classic series, they will even outdue the kappa perfects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users