What's new

Inifinity Kappa Speakers (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I am looking to buy new speakers, and I came across some Inifinity Kappas. I am looking at the Kappa 572.5cf. I heard this line of Infinities is top notch and a good deal for the money. Let me know. Thank you.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
They are pretty good. I had Infinity References in my first system and they were pretty dynamic, noticed a lot of subtilties in the sound. Check out the prices on Focal and CDT, they'll give the Kappas a good run for their money.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Please be sure to demo the Infinities. Too me the tweeters have a sound like they are in a tin can. When testing all the diff level of Infinity speakers- even home speakers- they did not handle the xylophone very well..started to distort at moderate levels...and sounded artificial. Of course this is from my experience....wich is why I said to audtion them prior to purchase.

good luck

DipulP

Auditioning
Hey man, keep in mind the Kappa's like a lot of power. If you aren't going to be using an amplifier, you might be better off with the reference series. Like Thomas pointed out, make sure you listen to them.

Cody Payne

Auditioning
i had the 60.5 components. i thought the tweeters were very harsh. im just not a fan of metal dome tweeters.

BrianWH

Agent
I have the Kappa 692.5 2-ways, and I love them. They have amazing bass response and the tweeter complaint really is subjective. Some people just don't like a metal tweet. I'm not using a sub and I rarely feel I need one with these.

I also have no external amp and have no problems driving them with my 50Wx4 Alpine.

The only catch with these is their magnet size. They're too big to fit in tighter spaces.

Brian

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
I run the kappa perfects, they sound good for car speakers, but I prefer the sound of my polk LSi9's better in my home stereo. Look into the CDT classic series, they will even outdue the kappa perfects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks