What's new

Anyone interested in Gunsmoke? (1 Viewer)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I know a lot of people may not want 20 seasons of Gunsmoke, but is anyone else interested in this series in season sets? I've just read that the tv movies that were made after the show ended will be released and am really excited by the news! I haven't even seen them, but it gives me hope that perhaps we'll see some season sets? I would especially love to have the first six seasons of half-hour episodes. Columbia House have recently put out ten volumes with six or seven episodes per disc, but I recently got an e-mail from them saying that they won't be putting any more out because they can't get them from their supplier or something like that. Now with this news that the movies are being released, I'm hoping that maybe some season sets are in the works!? It's just amazing to me how shows put out so many more episodes back then than they do today. At the end of six seasons of Gunsmoke, there were already over 200 episodes!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm interested, but the idea of buying the entire series is daunting. 635 episodes is just . . . incredible. Hawaii 5-0 had a lengthy run, but it "only" got up to 284. Even that seems like a lot of buyin'. But, if it's cheap enough, I'll buy what I can. The half hour run could be doable at least.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm there if they release them. I bought the Columbia House series on VHS and knew with the way they were releasing them 2-4 episodes a tape it woulnd't be ecnomical or would I have the shelf space to get them all but on DVD 20 small boxes at a MSRP of $49.95-$59.95 a season and I'd definately spring for the whole thing. With 20 Seasons though hopefully it would be more than 1 or 2 seasons a year. 4 a year would be nice.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Fans of this show may want to check out the Encore Westerns channel (available via digital cable and direct-tv).

They run Gunsmoke daily in uncut, commercial free episodes that look quite nice. I'm sure someone is recording these and will be offering their own "DVD Season sets" of these.

Steve

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy the entire series if they'd release them. I'm a big fan of the radio show and remember seeing some of the color episodes first run. Would definately buy all 20 seasons.

- Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks