Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Improvement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Buddy I

Buddy I

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 05:44 AM

Does anyone know any DVD information on Home Improvement, Reba and Mad About You? There was supposed to be a ten "Best Of" release of HI early last year but that never happened. Hopefully they'll reconsider and release season sets.

Also, it seems like 20th Century Fox is starting to release their 1/2 hour sitcoms (Bernie Mac Season One is scheduled for release in March). Does anyone know any information or know where I can get some on Reba?

What happened to the remaining seasons of Mad About You? Seasons One & Two were released within six months apart but nothing else has been said about Seasons 3-7. I figured Columbia/Tri-Star would release each season six months apart, but guess that's not going to happen. Is the trend to season sets usually one per year?

Thanks,
Buddy
--Buddy--

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted February 11 2004 - 09:01 AM

All I know is I wish CTS would start taking their cue from Warner Brothers. Look at the "Friends" sets. In a 2 year period, they have released 6 seasons with the 7th due in April.

Man, if CTS could do that with shows such as "All in The Family" and "The Jeffersons", I'd be a much happier person. Mind you, they are doing a decent job releasing "Sanford and Son".....not to mention the second season of "Married...With Children" is being released next month (only 5 months after the first). But still, I've been eagerly anticipating the 3rd season of "Jeffersons" for quite some time now.

Although "Mad About You" isn't exactly high on my list of desired titles, I'd still consider picking it up eventually, but again, who knows if and when a third season set will be made available. Perhaps the sales of the first 2 sets were less than noteworthy and the idea was put on the backburner......unless it was taken off the stove completely.

I remember hearing about the "Best of" HI disc that was supposed to be out last year. I'm actually hoping the reason this was scrapped has to do with the decision to go with season sets instead....but who knows?
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 08:30 AM

I'm really surprised Home Improvement hasn't come out yet. Stuff like Home Improvement, Roseanne, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air should either be coming or at least announced.