What's new

Wings, 3rd Rock from the Sun, andSpin City? (1 Viewer)

I was wondering if there were people out there with interest in these shows, in season sets of course. I would purchase them instantly. These three shows are on top of my list of tv shows I'd like to see released. What are your thoughts. Anyone heard news about possible releases?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'd love Third Rock, and actual season sets of Spin City. Of course the company that owns the rights to Third Rock, is I believe fielding offers from distributers for their shows, but David L, and Gord would be able to tell you if they are actually looking for distributers or if they should start looking for distributers, because the company isn't going to release it on their own. At least that's as far as I know which really isn't very far at all.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Carsey/Werner is actively participating in negotiations with a few companies that are interested in distributing their shows on DVD.

Gord

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I have not picked up the single-disc releases of Spin City. I'm holding out in hopes of season sets. I'll even buy the seasons with Charlie Sheen.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I would be very interested in "Wings", but only Seasons 1-5. I found the last three to be pretty poor.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
R1? No news yet. I expect them to focus on that once they get Cosby Show and Roseanne moving.

If Carsey-Werner sticks to the "2 at a time" approach (70's Show/God,Devil,&Bob and CosbyShow/Roseanne), then my bets for the 3rd wave are 3rd Rock and the just-cancelled-but-still-has-a-following Grounded For Life. If it was my decision, that's what I would do. And for the 4th wave I'd pair up A Different World and Grace Under Fire. That's just me, though.

Personally, I hope they prioritize That 80's Show... I know it fell flat on its face, but I enjoyed the hell of of it.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Yes! Finally someone that also liked That 80's Show! woot! In other countries, 3rd Rock has already had it's entire run available on DVD, so it should only be a matter of time for us Region 1'ers.

Ryan

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I'd like to see Wings, especially the first 4-5 seasons. I agree with DougFND's opinion on the last three seasons. I'd still buy them to have the complete series but I don't hold them on the same level with the earlier seasons.

John*P

Second Unit
I like Wings, but not enough to buy it on DVD, but there are many fans out there who do...

3rd Rock from the Sun is one of my favorite shows, so I'd love having that on DVD. I'd say Fox will eventually release it. (if C-W are sticking with Fox, that is) I'd love to see Grounded for Life on DVD as well.

I'm a Spin City fan and would definitely buy season sets, but have shunned the current compilation DVDs that are available for the show in the hopes that entire seasons will be released. (I like the Charlie Sheen eps as much as the Mike Fox ones)

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
oh yeah third rock and that 80s show would be awesome to have on dvd. I really cant understand why that 80s show hasnt already been released it was a totally awesome show that i enjoied a whole lot

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Please, please, please, oh PLEASE...let it be WINGS!!!

(Did I mention that I love WINGS? :D )

I'm not into the other two shows, but I'll be thrilled for the fans of whichever one of the three might have an announcement coming up! (Still can't help hoping that it'll be WINGS, though...)

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Never much liked Spin City.
Liked Wings quite a bit, Third Rock was pretty good, but only the first two or three seasons. After that it wasnt very funny to me. The First Season was HYSTERICAL!!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Wings fans (myself included). That's the danger of giving that kind of post...someone's gonna be unhappy because they "lost". :frowning:

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
What are they waiting for with releasing Wings? Are they torturing us fans for a reason? Are they gonna make us wait till all of Frasier and Cheers are out? :angry: :thumbsdown:

Noah U

Auditioning
I bought the first season of "3rd Rock". It was great. I am looking forward to "Wings" as well.

I would recommend the "Ned & Stacey" Season 1 box set for Thomas Haden Church (Lowell) fans. I bought it and it is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks