What's new

Not very happy with SVS... (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
My patience is running low...

Received order confirmation on January 12th for one PB1-ISD in black.

Received an email from Tom on January 12th that a PB1-ISD should ship in 1-3 days and a PB2-ISD will take 1-2 weeks.

Still have not received the sub. I have called once a week every week since and have been told it will ship at the beginning of the following week... Was just told again that it would be shipping early next week...

The agony of waiting... :frowning:

JohnGil

Stunt Coordinator
I know that waiting is painfull. . Im sure that they must have given reason for the delay, I doubt that they would not give you a reason.

The wait is worth it trust me. I would never give up mt 2039pc+ unless it was for a bigger SVS. :)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, reasons have been provided.

At first it was waiting on the cabinets. Now it is waiting on the driver manufacturer who was waiting on some parts from china.

I am glad that business is booming and I can sympathize with their supply chain issues, but it doesn't make the wait any less agonizing... :frowning: I need my bass and I need it now.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Johnny,

There are many of us that have waited months to receive their subs so many of us know how painful the waiting game is.

In my dealings SVS puts a lot of faith in their suppliers. Sometimes the demand for the SVS product swamps their suppliers or SVS focus on quality doesn't let a mediocre product/finish out of their assembly plant requiring a new part to be ordered and produced.

There are other things that have played into your delay, CES, the great weather they have been experiencing, the large number of orders then have been faced with.

My recommendation is to drop an email to [email protected] and ask about the order status.

It is difficult but your patience will be rewarded

Scott

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Working in tech, most companies run on a JIT model for parts, that is Just In Time. Unfortunately, JIT sometimes isn't so delays are ineveitable. Having emailed with both Tom and ROn adn having met Ron, they are doing everything they can to rectify the problem. SVS is a stand up type of company...

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Well from what I heard the ISD speakers, they are having a hard time getting them in from the manufacturer, so unfortuneatly it's not SVS's fault.

I know how you feel, I'm waiting for the PC+ 20-39, but they didn't have the Amps in, hopefully they will be shipping here withing in the next couple of days. Oh yeah, I ordered mine on the 15th of January. :)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I work in supply chain management. Lead times for some French components I buy are 6 weeks, but actual delivery is 181 days and counting.

Try to explain THAT to a customer!

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
yeah... I feel a lot better now that so many other bass addicts have come fourth to share their experiences with me... LOL... it's just sorta like "hey i need bass", so I shop around, consider all kinds of other pricier less performant subs, then read all the fan feedback on HTF, then take the plunge and order, but never took into consideration how supply chains work, and how SVS won't compromise on quality, and how the wait while agonizing will be worth it... We need a seperate forum for all waiting SVS owners and SVS owners getting their subs serviced to help each other through these tough times... :)

I must also add that SVS has offered to ship me a granite or tan PB1-ISD immediately (normally a $50 upgrade) for no additional charge... unfortunately I just need black to match with the rest black towers...

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Gosh what a bunch of whiners... I waited like 6 months after the initial announcement of the PB2+ and it was put on hold due to initial problems at first for several months. Sure the waiting is hard but at least you know when you do get it you will have the best sub for the money anywhere. Run down to Circuit city and buy something and take it back in 30 days if you need to. SVS is a great company that care about every customer and they do tend to announce things on a certain time line that they could wait until the things are completely done then announce it like other bigger manufactures do. I for one like to know whats down the pike so to speak even if it means waiting. Settle down, wait it out.. I guarantee it will be worth it when you finally get it... Your jaw will drop... If I'm wrong you can publicly whip me here on the forum.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny,

I just spoke to our shop foreman and directed him to continue the beatings until morale improves!

Seriously, we just updated our SVS News page today with the latest.

As has been discussed above, our accountant and CFO does try to enforce a "JIT" approach to our parts management. You keep "safety stocks" and encourage your suppliers to do the same.

Delays at SVS are actually quite rare but this year much greater than projected holiday demand, followed by two big trade shows (which don't affect us at all, but again suppliers often slow their operations in early January), then... Chinese new year (some of our American suppliers do get raw parts from there) all fell in rapid succession. You can try to build up inventory to blunt the effects of all this, but if demand has kept ahead of supply prior to all this hits???

Not a good combination and we spent literally hundreds of man-hours managing shortages when the planets align (in the wrong direction in this case). One thing you will never EVER get from SVS is some sort of "shuck and jive" or "white lie" to keep you waiting. When you call or e-mail you will get the truth as we understand it at that time. As noted we spend hours a day with upwards of a dozen suppliers when shortages do happen and aren't shy about telling you what we know.

If there is a "bass emergency" we'll even recommend other brands to consider, though even in the worst case these days you are looking at a few weeks wait. We'll do what we can to mitigate (like offering you a colored sub for the price of black... which we DO have in stock) but in the end it's a waiting game that's as painful (perhaps more so) for us as it is for you.

Little comfort probably, but in this case you at least get the explanation from one of the company founders.

PS, your PB1-ISD will be one of the first to go out when shipping resumes late next week. The back order of cabinets from our Cincinnati enclosure supplier should be uncorked just in time to make a shipment by Friday.

PPS, it wasn't mentioned but we are launching 3 NEW SVS's too while all this is going on, and sadly we'll have missed the mark set several months ago on them too. But not by more than a few days. We expect the first PC-Ultras, PB1-Plus and PB2-Ultra's to ship next week now. I think anyone familiar with OEM new product launches will forgive us for being off a bit there.

Ron

Dan Hine

Screenwriter

Please do not do that. If you have NO intention of keeping something, don't buy it. And think about the people who preordered Tumult drivers. I think the wait was almost a year on them...

- Dan Hine

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ron... I just reread my original post and have to admit that it was a bit whiney... didn't mean to come across as negative. Exasperated? maybe a little... but you guys have been great so far and thanks for the response. I look forward to my sub and t-shirt in 2-3 weeks.

Johnny

ScottCarr

Second Unit

I sometime wonders if those were the real thoughts of some of the Officers I served with.

One of my all time favorite lines is in chapter 5 of the Hunt for Red October.

When he reached the new world Cortez burner his ships. as a result the men were well motivated.

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Odd If you wear the T-shirt while listening It sounds better and louder???

Whats in the shirt guys:D :D

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny,

Trust me, you aren't even nominated in the running of the "Difficult Customer Awards" at SVS ;^)

With any luck at all your sub will ship in just one week, and be your hands in just a few days after that.

Scott,

After 20 years in the Army, you deal with all sorts of people and situations. Mostly good bosses, some straight from the last ring of Dante's Inferno (I left, they were still there last time I checked ;^). Having worked plenty of Joint jobs I know the other services are much the same.

I've resolved to work the next 20 years with partners (not bosses) creating actual goods and services, and jobs, as a way of giving a bit back to the American taxpayer. Of course it'd be nice if the IRS didn't take so MUCH.

Ron

Nick Breckon

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I've also been bugging the guys at SVS over the past 2 weeks. The waiting kills me, but at least I know I'm getting a top notch product. It'll be worth it in the end.. it will be worth it in the end.. just keep.. saying.. it..

ARGH!

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
"Welcome to private sector Ron"

Joe, you should see he beard I'm working on. Could an earing be next? 20 years is a long time to be a straigh-laced soldier ;^)

1 APR is my official deactivation day, sort of fitting I think?

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks