What's new

Ultimate Muscle (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
For some weird reason I'm totally in love with this show. I see that two volumes of DVD's are out which is like 8 episodes for a show that I assume is over 100 episodes? First off, I'm just curious if this show was originally made for English? If not, what details can you give me on it? Also, will there be a better/different release plan for this show?
THank you

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

No, it is a Japanese show. The Japanese title is きん肉マンⅡ世 (Kinnikuman Nise): Second Generations. The IMDB listing is here: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0293327/combined

This show is actually a sequel to a show from the 1980s called きん肉マン (Kinnikuman). (http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0178148/combined) The original Kinnikuman show was never shown in America (as far as I know), but the toys were released here as "M.U.S.C.L.E."

Both the original and the new shows are based on comic books of the same name.

In Ultimate Muscle many of the characters' names have been changed.

Another interesting fact is that the show was canceled in Japan. The episodes being shown on TV now were never shown on TV in Japan.

That's about all I know. (My brother was a fan of the comics before the show came to America, and I learned all of this stuff from him.) I'm sure you can find more info on the internet.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Thank you for the reply, Went of the FoxBox website last night and saw that they are showing episode 153 next week I think. 4 episodes per disc, who has that kind of money?
Thank you

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well I caved in and bought the first disc. Although the quality sucked, I didn't expect much in the first place. My main concern now is, when will the rest be released? I see that Volume is out but they have no other volumes preorder or anything? I emailed 4kids and have received no reply since. Is there anyone else I can ask? Perhaps someone here knows?
Thanks

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I've checked several sources and unfortunately, there are no Ultimate Muscle DVD's scheduled for release... at least through June. Perhaps more will be coming, but I'm not sure when that might be. Maybe 4Kids is just waiting to see how sales of the first two volumes are before continuing?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Non-existant... and if they are released, it will be a crummy dub and edited only (because that's the only way 4Kids has released anime).

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Well, 4Kids is releasing a Yu-Gi-Oh: Season 1 set so I guess it's possible. However, Yu-Gi-Oh is VERY popular and can warrant such a release... Ultimate Muscle on the other hand, probably can't.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Being on the Fox Box must mean it's rather popular no? As for it being in english, that's all I've seen it in and I think the dub is pure perfection. Curious if the original was just as funny and had all those cool bad guy names.
Thanks

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Here are the Japanese pages for this series:

"Kinnikuman Nise - Second Generations" page This part of the series ran from Jan. 9 - Dec 25, 2002. It was then cancelled, but new episodes were still made and shown in America.

"Kinnikuman Nise - Second Generations: Ultimate Muscle" page. These are the episodes that were shown in America after the series was cancelled in Japan. These episodes are finally going to be shown in Japan now, too. (So there are definitely Japanese voice tracks for all of the episodes, now.)

Has anyone seen the 2nd disk anywhere?
I preordered it from Amazon when it was supposed to come out on 2/24/04. It is still on order.
Has anyone seen it or know how I can contact the company producing these?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

I think the second disc (while announced for release) never actually made it to store shelves. The official Funimation store website (the company that distributes the DVD's for 4Kids) doesn't have the DVD listed at all. Sorry.

Well, that sucks. :angry:

It probably isn't a good sign when they announce something and then don't release it without a reason. Things look bleak for the rest of the series being released. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks