Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Traffic: The Miniseries

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 01:20 PM

I've been watching and so far it seems to have captured the feel of the movie. Is this similar in style to Traffik? And how can I get my hands on that?
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Huber

Mike Huber

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:58 PM

i fell asleep during half of it. Was not overly impressed with it myself. They should have made it 1 hour episodes. This 2 hours killed me.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   DeborahK

DeborahK

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 08:05 AM

Raasean, The original "Traffik" miniseries is available on DVD in region 1. (I know because I own it.) You ought to be able to buy this from any of the usual US on-line distributors. Hope that helps, Deborah

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Posted Image
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 12:51 PM

To my mind the gritty feel of this new miniseries is closer to Traffik than the movie. For the record I liked Traffik more than the movie.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 01:53 AM

I haven't seen Traffik, but I plan on picking it up over the weekend... wonder how it compares w/ Traffic (mini series). I know that 2 hours of TV watching can be a little arduous...i TiVoed it... primarily bc I have so much to do that time of the evening, that I wouldn't get a good viewing otherwise. From what I've seen, I've been pretty impressed. I like how they've branched out from the usual sex, drugs and money. Any other thoughts?

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 09:15 AM

fell asleep during it Posted Image
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted February 07 2004 - 11:57 AM

I just finished watching it. I had to record it since I could not watch the original broadcast. As a matter of fact I recorded the six hour telecast on Super Bowl Sunday as I was at a friends watching the game. I have to admit I was impressed. Especially considering that there was every possible reason to be wary of its quality. I like all the sub-plots and was pretty much satisfied with the way they tied together. I also liked some of the red herrings that were thrown especially the fate of the cargo container. Did not like to the sub-plot of the taxi driver, it seemed out of place. I'd like to see more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users