What's new

Traffic: The Miniseries (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I've been watching and so far it seems to have captured the feel of the movie. Is this similar in style to Traffik? And how can I get my hands on that?

Mike Huber

Agent
i fell asleep during half of it. Was not overly impressed with it myself. They should have made it 1 hour episodes. This 2 hours killed me.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Raasean,

The original "Traffik" miniseries is available on DVD in region 1. (I know because I own it.) You ought to be able to buy this from any of the usual US on-line distributors.

Hope that helps,

Deborah

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
To my mind the gritty feel of this new miniseries is closer to Traffik than the movie. For the record I liked Traffik more than the movie.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I haven't seen Traffik, but I plan on picking it up over the weekend... wonder how it compares w/ Traffic (mini series).

I know that 2 hours of TV watching can be a little arduous...i TiVoed it... primarily bc I have so much to do that time of the evening, that I wouldn't get a good viewing otherwise.

From what I've seen, I've been pretty impressed. I like how they've branched out from the usual sex, drugs and money.

Any other thoughts?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I just finished watching it. I had to record it since I could not watch the original broadcast. As a matter of fact I recorded the six hour telecast on Super Bowl Sunday as I was at a friends watching the game.

I have to admit I was impressed. Especially considering that there was every possible reason to be wary of its quality. I like all the sub-plots and was pretty much satisfied with the way they tied together. I also liked some of the red herrings that were thrown especially the fate of the cargo container. Did not like to the sub-plot of the taxi driver, it seemed out of place. I'd like to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks