Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beavis & Butthead...Time Life dvd's question?...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,035 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 02:14 PM

I just saw a commercial for the dvd's and noticed they digitally removed AC/DC and Metallica from their shirts. Is this just for the commercial or is this true on the dvd's? I still won't buy them without the music videos. Which was sometimes the funniest part of the show.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 03:27 PM

I know that all Beavis & Butthead products outside of the original episodes have the AC/DC and Metallica replaced with "Skull" and "Death Rock", so they probably had to do it for the DVDs too.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Christopher D

Christopher D

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 03:43 PM

The DVDs are not altered. The whole program would have to be reanimated to do that. The videos aren't on the Time/Life DVDs (or on any others, for that matter). I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them --

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 03:52 PM

Given the music-rights agreements that would have to be sorted out with all of the different record companies in order to facilitate a home-video release of the music-video segments, I would definitely assume they'll never be available.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Charlie O.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted January 04 2004 - 07:43 PM

I just stuck one of the discs in. The shirts do read AC/DC and Metallica.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 04 2004 - 08:24 PM

Uh huh huh huh. You stuck one in. Uh huh huh huh. Posted Image

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,035 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 01:31 AM

I cannot believe MTV or it's affiliated stations don't air this show again. It is not like they play music videos anymore.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 02:19 AM

I don't quite understand that. The actual cartoons were created without the music video segments. They were added later, like commercials. Plus, many of the artists were unhappy about being commented on in the segments meaning they would never allow them to have it to DVD. Not to mention the money it would cost to get music rights etc. They were funny, but technically weren't part of the show itself.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 3,031 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted January 05 2004 - 06:07 AM

If I recall correctly, the first few episodes only had a couple minutes of animation and the rest of the show was videos. As the seasons progresses, the polarity reversed and there were only a couple videos to each 10-12 minute cartoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users