What's new

Beavis & Butthead...Time Life dvd's question?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just saw a commercial for the dvd's and noticed they digitally removed AC/DC and Metallica from their shirts. Is this just for the commercial or is this true on the dvd's?

I still won't buy them without the music videos. Which was sometimes the funniest part of the show.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I know that all Beavis & Butthead products outside of the original episodes have the AC/DC and Metallica replaced with "Skull" and "Death Rock", so they probably had to do it for the DVDs too.

Christopher D

Second Unit
The DVDs are not altered. The whole program would have to be reanimated to do that.

The videos aren't on the Time/Life DVDs (or on any others, for that matter). I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them --

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Given the music-rights agreements that would have to be sorted out with all of the different record companies in order to facilitate a home-video release of the music-video segments, I would definitely assume they'll never be available.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe MTV or it's affiliated stations don't air this show again. It is not like they play music videos anymore.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't quite understand that. The actual cartoons were created without the music video segments. They were added later, like commercials. Plus, many of the artists were unhappy about being commented on in the segments meaning they would never allow them to have it to DVD. Not to mention the money it would cost to get music rights etc.

They were funny, but technically weren't part of the show itself.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
If I recall correctly, the first few episodes only had a couple minutes of animation and the rest of the show was videos. As the seasons progresses, the polarity reversed and there were only a couple videos to each 10-12 minute cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks