Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Closed Captioning help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   John B.

John B.

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 02:34 AM

My dad has a very basic tv system setup. He has a newer Wega TV that I bought him and NO CABLE or NO DSS or anything like that...he pulls in tv signal w/ an antennae on his roof. Before I bought him the new TV, his old TV didn't even have CC (closed captioning)capability. He has trouble hearing, and that's one of the reasons I got him the new TV, so that he could use the CC. He didn't think he needed it, but now after using it awhile he is totally dependent upon having them. I want to buy him Cable TV as a xmas present....but I am worried that running things thru a cable box b4 going to the TV might make it harder/impossible to get the CC to work. I think w/ cable his TV will be set to ch. 3 or 4...and would be fed from the cable box. Does anyone know if there are any tricks to lookout for here...i just want to make sure that his CC continues to work, w/ the new cable TV. Thanks a lot.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   GrahamT

GrahamT

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 02:44 AM

My CC works and I go through a cable box first and I dont even want my CC to work. Try giving the cable company a call.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted December 21 2003 - 07:57 AM

It should not be a problem since CC is a function of the TV decoding a received signal (either OTA, Cable, or Satellite.) DVD players though can be different. Some DVD discs do not have full CC.
Andy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users